MyFilms New version v4.0 (4 Viewers)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Nevermind! Fixed it all!

Lied through my teeth there :D . I know that this was vaguely explained above, but how exactly do you link an iso/avi/ifo file with a dvd profile in DVD Profiler?

:D
With DVDP, you have to define the informations in the Notes Field : add something like :
<File>filename.avi</File>
You can define the complete path or only the filename as the plugin search first for the complete path/file name and after filename in the differents 'Path for Movies Files search'
Don't forget the tags <File> and </File> ;-))
In future release, the filename information should not be necessary if Movies filename contains the Original or Translated Title (choice with setup).

smacfarl

June 14, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Zebons,

I like your plugin very much. I upgraded to the 2.3.0 RC1 today which the devs announced was stablized to help skins and plugins to get into synch with the main platform. When I click on configuration in the plugin panel of the Media Portal Setup shortcut I get this error message.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Profile.Settings' from assembly 'Core, Version=0.2.2.9991, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at MesFilms.MesFilms.GetHome(String& strButtonText, String& strButtonImage, String& strButtonImageFocus, String& strPictureImage)
at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.listViewPlugins_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm thinking this is due entirely to the new version interface of the 2.3.0 RC1 platform. Anything I can do to help fix this?

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Hi Zebons,

I like your plugin very much. I upgraded to the 2.3.0 RC1 today which the devs announced was stablized to help skins and plugins to get into synch with the main platform. When I click on configuration in the plugin panel of the Media Portal Setup shortcut I get this error message.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Profile.Settings' from assembly 'Core, Version=0.2.2.9991, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at MesFilms.MesFilms.GetHome(String& strButtonText, String& strButtonImage, String& strButtonImageFocus, String& strPictureImage)
at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.listViewPlugins_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm thinking this is due entirely to the new version interface of the 2.3.0 RC1 platform. Anything I can do to help fix this?
I'll try it soon...

Emilicious

June 6, 2007
Home Country
With DVDP, you have to define the informations in the Notes Field : add something like :
You can define the complete path or only the filename as the plugin search first for the complete path/file name and after filename in the differents 'Path for Movies Files search'
In future release, the filename information should not be necessary if Movies filename contains the Original or Translated Title (choice with setup).

Thank you!

One more question though: When ever I click on a dvd cover (thumbnail) of the movie I want when I use DVDP in MP it takes me to the first movie of the alphabet, not the one I clicked on. Any thoughts on that one?

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006

Thank you!

One more question though: When ever I click on a dvd cover (thumbnail) of the movie I want when I use DVDP in MP it takes me to the first movie of the alphabet, not the one I clicked on. Any thoughts on that one?

I don't if it's yout problem but there is a bug with DVDP if your movies aren't numbered or if some movies have the same number. As that number is different for each movies in the ANT DB, I use that nimber to find the correct infos.
I work on it and it'll be corrected soon...

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello, i'm new user here, i've downloaded My films plugin and installed into MP MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1 but it doesn't show any entry into the catalog. I've configured the path to my XML file, but it shows no files. Also, when i try to return back to previous screen in MP it doesn't work. My films just hangs MediaPortal ... can u help?

2007-06-17 22:38:17.250000 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:1026 ex:El objeto de tipo 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListControl' no puede convertirse en el tipo 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl'. en System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
en System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
en System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
en MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() MesFilms.MesFilms

and also:

2007-06-17 22:38:26.484375 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
2007-06-17 22:38:26.484375 [ERROR][MPMain]: site :Void save_config_values()
2007-06-17 22:38:26.484375 [ERROR][MPMain]: source :MesFilms
2007-06-17 22:38:26.484375 [ERROR][MPMain]: stacktrace: en MesFilms.MesFilms.save_config_values()

regards,

NOTE: can u provide skin files for the skin Spinsafe Revolve?? it rocks!! :D

sxjxcx

Portal Member
August 28, 2007
External Player?

Is there anyway to set My Films to use the external DVD player? Same as the "Play DVD" plugin?

perry59

Portal Member
June 17, 2007
Lebanon, Oregon
Home Country
Source location

Zebons
are you still maintaining your svn at
http://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/ ?
This does not seem to be at the version being talked about here.
I like to get the source and compile myself because I can "tweek" it for personal
preferences, but I DO want to get the latest and greated stuff.

Thanks for a great plugin!
I was one of the naysayers who thought that Ant/MyFilms was too hard, too much trouble.
After taking a little time to get to know them (MyVideos did not work well) I love them.
I think I can set up an Ant database qucker and more flexible than with MP.
I can have online and offlne movies both. For them MyVideos lovers, how easy is it for you
to have videos in your collection that dont actually exist on your hard drive? Its easy
to do with ant, and takes a few seconds. I now have my own customized MyFims, MyClips
and MyMusicVideos that all run side by side in MP and use their own distinct databases.
Great Stuff!
:D

sxjxcx

Portal Member
August 28, 2007
If anyone else has been struggling to use My Films with an External DVD Player, I finally figured it out. My collection consists of ISOs, and even with the External DVD Player on it would always play in the internal DVD player. In my settings I previously had:

1. Daemon Tools turned on
2. External DVD Player checked on and set to WinDVD

The ISO would mount, but the it would always play in the MP internal player. I also tried setting the External Movie Player in MP, but DVD ISO's still opened in internal player. To make it work I had to:

1. Turn on Daemon Tools in settings
2. Set External DVD Player in settings to WinDVD (can be checked on or off, doesn't matter - bug?)
3. Set External Movie Player in settings to VLC (or any program), checked on

So BOTH External DVD & Movie player have to be set, even though I don't want to use an external Movie player. This must be a bug, but at least I got it working now - the weird thing is My Films doesn't even listen to whether External DVD Player is checked on or off, just whether it has a path set. This only applies to My Films, Using "Play DVD" follows the standard External DVD Player settings and I don't have to use this work-around.

I'm very happy with My Films, such a great plugin!

I should also mention, I have noticed a bug in the new version of My Films where the actors and description do not show up on the film details page after playing a movie, and do not show up until you restart MP.

And finally, is there a way to sort or group your movies in My Films by viewed/not viewed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom