MyMusicVideos Plugin (Yahoo Launch Videos) (1 Viewer)

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    hey,

yesterday i searched for "live" because i wanted to see some live-acts. to my surprise they were not just the 2 normal pages but several more (many many more) because on the left side i could click on the "next page" and "previous page" button which are usually not there (when searching, they are of couse theyre @ top videos etc.) . i hevily tried to reproduce that, but i never got those "next page" controls for a search again.... any ideas?

edit: nevermind, i figured it out (-;

mr.t

Portal Member
    August 8, 2006
    Hallo, nice work!

But, I have Problems to get the plugin displayed right.

Here is a screenshot: http://mindware-freilinger.de/test/mp_musicvids.JPG

Dont know what went wrong. Perhaps my unusual resolution is the problem. I use 1360*768px. Other plugins run fine with this setup. Is there anything i can do to make it work with my res.
    Perhaps, its my stupidness wich is preventing the plugin from display right?

baloubic

Portal Member
    June 10, 2006
    Hi, I had the same problem.

Dont know how to fix it, so I bypassed it instead; Heres how:

The plugins mymusicvideos.xml calls a background.png image from within your current skins media directory. However, it doesn't upscale the image from its default 720x576 something size.

I simply made a copy of the background.png file, opened it in photoshop, resized it to my resolution (1368x768), and saved it as background2.png.

Then I changed background.png to background2.png in the plugin's xml file. (Replace the line <texture>background.png</texture> with <texture>background2.png</texture>)

Solved ;)

ydewuwant2no

August 14, 2006
    hi, i wanted to know if there is a way to search yahoo (or any other site) using this plugin for regular music and not only music videos

btw this is a great plugin, good work and thank you

gregmac45

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2006
    AZ, USA
    Piruelo said:
    Paloema: I had the same problem. Everythink worked ok again after installing the 2006-08-02 20:05 SVN build.

gregmac45: Great plug-in! Please fix the Spanish (tried some other countries and work ok) mode. The videos are listed, but I can't play them. Thanks!
    To fix the Spanish videos goto .../MediaPortal/MusicVideoSettings.xml and change the id for spain from "sp" to "es".

dipunm

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2006
    HELLLLP

Great plugin... I use it alot. My main problem is that i want to ise it as a sort of on demant music channel but its not fully supported in mp... mayb i have done something wronng but theres no osd (which i dont REALLY care about) i cant change aspect ratio and i dont think it supports the vmr9 thing... the last 2 i NEED

can anyone tell me why these arent supported (im guessing cos it doesnt use vmr9) and how i can fix this or whether its fixable/will be fixed

gregmac45

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2006
    AZ, USA
    Re: HELLLLP

dipunm said:
    Great plugin... I use it alot. My main problem is that i want to ise it as a sort of on demant music channel but its not fully supported in mp... mayb i have done something wronng but theres no osd (which i dont REALLY care about) i cant change aspect ratio and i dont think it supports the vmr9 thing... the last 2 i NEED

can anyone tell me why these arent supported (im guessing cos it doesnt use vmr9) and how i can fix this or whether its fixable/will be fixed
    These features are in the svn version.

ender

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2006
    The Netherlands
    Search enhancements

+100 on the plugin :)

I was wondering if it is somehow possible to make the searching a bit better. Right now you have to type the exact string/name of the artist or it won't show anything. It would be nice to be able to search using only part of the name like:

"gnarls" instead of "gnarls barkley" or
    "royks" instead of "royksopp"

That would save me a lot of cumbersome struggle with that on-screen keyboard ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom