MySleepTimer (2 Viewers)

mmg3k

Portal Member
August 24, 2005
France
Home Country
France France
Hi there,

First, thank for that plugin which is really great! :=)

I was wondering about the way to bring it up. Would it be possible to press the power button to bring up the shutdown menu and add the sleep option in this menu?

That would be really my prefered way to interact with it!

I understand that I don't know anything about programing so it most likely will not be possible...

Thanks

Andreas26

Portal Pro
February 9, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi guys,

just installed the sleeptimer and it works so far. now a short question. is there a way to let mp go to homescreen instead of suspending when time is over. i use a batch command on suspend to close a process on the mp client where my files are stored. and i had it once that the command wasnt executed when this client with the sleeptimer suspened. never had it when the power scheduler suspened the client.

anyway.....i guess it would also be great for people using the power scheduler for recordings if the sleeptimer had an option to just go to home screen or exit mp

thx

gmeles

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
Home Country
Greece Greece
The plugin is great (I mentioned that allready in my previous post) but I want to make some suggestions. First of all, when the timer is active do not increase the value at first keypress (just show the current. eg 21 minutes). With the second keypress you can make it 30, 40 etc. Second do not show every now and then the remaining time (It would be nice the last minute to count the remaining seconds from 59 to 1 and then sleep). Third and most important, as I already said it is a nice piece of code and would be very helpful to share it with people that want to study it and make something else. Thanks again

Anthrax

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
pretty much in the center
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello MP-Community,

i wish all of you a happy new year and a fresh start with 1.0 out of the door!!!

I haven't been online since the 16th of December - which is a lot for an IT guy, but I needed some time off ;-)
Yesterday I unstrapped my snowboard and fired up my laptop again after over two weeks. I was happy to see that so many people are interested in this plugin...

So to answer your calls I will update the plugin someday this week and try to squeeze in all of your requests.
Later today i will reupload the source code to the first post (had it there with the first release but then forget about it)...

So feel free to use, reuse or even abuse the code to your wishes ;-))

bye,
Anthrax

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Anthrax,

Good to here your back. I'd really would like starting to use this plugin but can't. I have no way to configure my remote right, see posts here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...pdated-1-0-1-1-a-47353/index5.html#post345826

I tried it in combination if the generic keyboard plugin but no go yet. I use EventGhost with this remote because it's the only program I found so far that can work with my UltraX media Remote. This remote uses 2 instances of HID. EventGhost recognizes them both and I can add a prefix for each so eventghost recognizes what button was pressed.
Setting this up and mapping for example the remote button to "CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+F10" with eventghost. Mapping the generic keyboard plugin to pickup on "CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+F10" (which it does recognize as "CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+F10" when I press the remotebutton mapped to that with eventghost) and send out a REMOTE_YELLOW to MP doesn't work. I hear the click (which I said in generic keyboard plugin to play when ever the button is pressed) but nothing happens with sleeptimer.

Anthrax

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok guys,

just added the source code to the SVN repo. So if anybody of you guys wanna give it a go - feel free to impress us ;-)
As for a small apology... i coded this in a rush - so don't expect any comment :-(

See the first post for the SVN-URL...

Goodnight,
Anthrax

PS: I'm planning on updating this plugin someday soon to incorporate all the useful suggestion you guys made above!

joz: what skin are you using? And did you make sure that your REMOTE_YELLOW_BUTTON action inside the MediaPortal configuration is set right (have a look at the pic from 1st post)?

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Anthrax,

I'm possitive it matches all up, and yes I tried the yellow, blue, red and green buttons. All of them with the same result.
It kinda seems like there´s too much translation stuff going on but I have no other idea how to set this up except for the way as I described and this doesn't work.
If you would want to test this out yourself. My keyboard is also not working when I just press ctrl+alt+shift+f10 so I guess you can test it that way.

Which skins I tried so far; Blue3, Blue3++, Monochrome and Blue3wide. It's no skin issue I think, nothing in error.log either

-------------

In the screen you set it to ACTION PAUSE, I could try that just to test it out but I guess this wouldn't be real handy to do though. Everytime you pause something sleeptimer thinks your talking to it.

p.s.
This is the plugin I use;
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/generic-keyboard-remote-input-plugin-25755/
At teh end of the thread some user has done some updatesm tried that too.

Anthrax

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi folks,

after committing the source code to the MediaPortal plugin SVN last night, I'm back on putting together another release:

And just to check back with you, these changes are planned on my behalf:

- Start notifying at a configurable time before the actual shutdown time (so no more nagging while watching the movie)
- adding the following options (radio buttons) to the config dialog: *Exit MediaPortal, *Go to Home screen, *Shutdown (selecting shutdown will enable the dropdown menu for the various shutdown types and the "force" checkbox)
- Finding a way to let the user display the current time left without resetting the timer like the way gmeles suggested it (first keypress) OR even better by displaying an unintrusive symbol somewhere in the corner of the screen (thinking somewhere along the line with the rec icon)

BUT i have no idea how to display an overlay icon inside MediaPortal - so maybe another developer could give me a hint ??? (because I really don't wanna start messing around with graphics or WMR/EVR ;) )
:D

So let me know if there is something else I forgot about...

regards,
Anthrax

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom