MySleepTimer (1 Viewer)

andijegg

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Rosenheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
will there be a function to say my sleeptimer to restart mediaportal? that would be very nice :D

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Anthrax,

I'd appreciate if you would take a look at my problem. Can imagine if this isn't something you want to spend too much time on but I'd really like some way of using this sleeptimer.

Anthrax

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
pretty much in the center
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi joz,

i assume you are able to wire any of the buttons on your remote to a defined action inside MediaPortal...
So could you please try to change the action type of another button within the MediaPortal config or the Inputplugin you use (but be aware of the different layers and conditions - so maybe these are not matched when you're inside mediaportal and hence the button does indeed fire another action).
Then all you should have to do is select that action type in the MySleepTimer setup !
The strange thing is that all my plugin does is wait for the actiontype to fire :confused: so please try the pause button.

regards,
anthrax

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Nope still not working.

i assume you are able to wire any of the buttons on your remote to a defined action inside MediaPortal...
Yes I am but not with the standard MP way of doing things. The remote section of config is just too limited to have it work with my remote.
I use a variety of plugins and programs, I already described.

The plugin does work when I set it to pause but like I said that won't be handy, it also works on other default HID like commands such as REMOTE button 0.
However I have buttons that have no function so far. I want to map one of those the way I described.

The weird thing is sometimes Sleeptimer does seem to pick up on it, just after MP restart and only for one button press(and this is also sporadic, not always). I see the sleeptimer window saying it wil shutdown in 10 minutes.
I tried everything I can come up with and nothing works so far.

-----------

Like I said you can kinda replicate my situation in the following way:
- Download the generic keyboard plugin
- Set it up so CTRL+SHIFT+F10 (or any other combination) triggers say REMOTE_YELLOW action.
- Set up sleeptimer to listen for yellow button
- Try pressing your generic keyboard combi in MP.

This does not work for me either when doing this all on the keyboard. This "problem" could go either way.
Or keyboard plugin screwing something up or yours. The keyboard plugin does work with other actions though.
Could of course also be an issue in communication between the both.

If you have a better alternative for setting this up, which I don't think (or at least see) there is, please enlighten me

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Anthrax,

Good news, I just got t working!!!!
I found a plugin called the "message plugin" and downloaded latest EventGhost with MP plugin and now all is fine. Oh I'm so happy!. :D for tryng to help and creating this awesome plugin!!!

gmeles

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
Home Country
Greece Greece
Anthrax
Very nice job (once again). All the changes are very nice, but tell me one thing; when the timer is active and I press the action button (I want to see if you make the "show remaining time" function), the timer STOPS, is it something you want to do or something going wrong?

Anthrax

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
pretty much in the center
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi gmeles,

unfortunately I lost my sense of time by getting these nice little MePo icons into this release and therefore completely forgot about the remaining time feature :oops:

i will look into that...

PS: credits go out to grassynoel for his wonderful MePo-character:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom