MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (2 Viewers)

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
I'm not able to start a download. Searching works, saying yes to download presents a dialog saying: unable to start download.
Logfiles don't indicate any problem.. If you still want them I'll add them after a fresh start of MP + MyTorrents.

Did you change anything on the skinfiles from 0.48 to 0.50? Details only show the #names..

This happens if MyTorrents cannot connect to uTorrent for some reason.
I have few times managed to get uTorrent Web GUI stuck. uTorrent was running
fine but I was not able to connect Web GUI.

So verify that you can connect to uTorrent Web GUI.

I am trying to use version .50
I'm using Vista, the latest StreamedMP
I have all the files in the correct locations (I believe)

I get the invalid or missing file error.

Here is the portion of the mediaportal log from when I try to access the plugin.

Any ideas?

View attachment 38010

No ideas, sorry :(

Looks like MyTorrent was initialized fine, so most likely all files are in correct places.
What happens if you close your uTorrent and then go to MyTorrents plugin?

I have a small request for the next version: on the torrent info page, could we get a field for ratio?

Nice thing about this plugin is that it's pulling everything right from uTorrent, so torrents I download from other sites (for example, a site where ratio matters) show up. It would be cool to be able to see how far along I am. :D

niblet: stab in the dark but it seems from your error log that a translation file might be missing. I'll let someone with more knowledge of plugins and MP in general give you a more definitive answer\solution, but you might want to start by taking a look into that. What version of MP are you running?

Possible, can you add your request to
Issues - mp-mytorrents - Google Code

So I remember to add that information to next version :)

Hey Sohvaperuna know your probably busy coding away like crazy, as I said earlier and speed at which this plugin has matured is awesome... But was still wondering if the weird // thing had been resolved...

Sorry for my impatience... Been using MP for a year and this feature is by far one of those last great holy grail type plugins... The other one is Ipod support, and yep thats it...

Keep up the good work....

Nice to hear that you like this plugin :)

I've been busy with other stuff, but I try to spend some time for MyTorrents, probably even today.
Most likely I remember to check this issue, but to make sure, put that bug here;

Issues - mp-mytorrents - Google Code

I haven't been checking that at all yet, was it issue with / or with \?

- Sohvaperuna

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

I always have a browser open, connected to my uTorrent WebUI, so I can verify that the WebUI is working.
Also, from the MyTorrentsGUI I can see the correct download speed and Idle torrents. That makes me assume that the connection is working. I still get the message. Unable to download...

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008

I always have a browser open, connected to my uTorrent WebUI, so I can verify that the WebUI is working.
Also, from the MyTorrentsGUI I can see the correct download speed and Idle torrents. That makes me assume that the connection is working. I still get the message. Unable to download...

Yup, connection is working.

Then the error must be coming from uTorrent. Try following;

Find out what is the url to the .torrent file you are trying to download and which fails. And put following url in
your browser, does it give you some error?

http://[IP]:[PORT]/gui/?action=add-url&s=[TORRENT URL]

for example;

http://192.168.0.2:8001/gui/?action...ents.thepiratebay.org/4816113/XXX.TPB.torrent

- Sohvaperuna

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Using the provided action URL (with my own selected torrent ;-) ) puts the torrent in my file list so that seems to be working. I will have to check the same tonight from the HTPC, using MyTorrents.

No errors.

Update: seems to work with the exact same torrent. Great plugin ;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can only download from the "default" locations in the .xml. If I enter a "private" .rss feed with a hash string in the URL, the plugin says it'll download, but the torrent isn't showing up/downloading. Also, with 0.50, I get the "file broken or missing" message if I try to add an .rss with hash string.

Sadly, I don't have more time for testing and I hardly use other sites than the ones with hash strings.
    Emph

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    v0.55
    -----
    - Added: Torrent download cache added. Same torrent will not be downloaded
    over and over again anymore. Reduces lots of torrent downloads
    with RSS feeds especially.
    - Changed: Renamed skin files from MyTorrents* to MP-MyTorrents*. Fixes conflict with
    older MyTorrents plugin.
    - Bugfix: Fixed problem with labels containing '\' character.
    - Bugfix: Hopefully fixed problem with torrent size reporting. This is related Windows
    locale settings and not possible to verify the fix properly.

I can only download from the "default" locations in the .xml. If I enter a "private" .rss feed with a hash string in the URL, the plugin says it'll download, but the torrent isn't showing up/downloading. Also, with 0.50, I get the "file broken or missing" message if I try to add an .rss with hash string.

Sadly, I don't have more time for testing and I hardly use other sites than the ones with hash strings.
    Emph

In v0.50, there is a fix which is especially targeted to "private" feeds. The way how Mytorrents sends .torrent files to uTorrent was changed. It was supposed to help in this kind of a problems. But it seems that it does not fix all problems.
    Unfortunately I cannot do much if I do not have access to those feeds.
    If you wish to investigate some more, then;

Web UI API - Forums - Torrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client

Use commands from that site and try to add the torrent to uTorrent without MyTorrents. If you can do it, then it
    should be possible to do from MyTorrents also.

MyTorrents < 0.50 uses command;
    http://[IP]:[PORT]/gui/?action=add-url&s=[TORRENT URL]

To add torrents. Versions after that uses;
    http://[IP]:[PORT]/gui/?action=add-file

About the "file broken or missing". Looks like the url you are trying to add contains characters
    which cannot be used in XML files. For example you should convert & -> &amp;
    Check that you can open MyTorrents.xml in Internet Explorer. If it works, then MyTorrents should
    be able to read it.

- Sohvaperuna

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes! Now the hashed rss work for me. Also (of course) I've forgotten to add the "amp;" to one of the & in the link, so that's not a bug.

Emph

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Thanks for the new version, Sohvaperuna! \\ error fixed, file size reporting error fixed. :)

Nice! I will then mark those issues as verified :)

If you would like to add your own search engine to MyTorrents, you can try to follow these instructions;

HowToAddSearchEngine - mp-mytorrents - Google Code

(damn I hate this automerge. I was not trying to reply just you but to everyone, here are instructions, someone asked for it before)

v0.56
    -----
    - Added: Ratio to torrent details view.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A little request for the changelog: Could you let us now for each new release what files need replacing? If the config file is untouched for example, it's tedious to copy/paste your personal settings from the old to the new one with each version unless needed. Would be very useful info when testing a new version.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom