MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (3 Viewers)

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Does it support labels?
I have my utorrent setup with some permanent labels, so for example movies goes into a "movies" directory wich is scanned by movingpictures. And soforth, a label for music etc. Quite handy

Is it possible to edit trackers, so you could use others than mininova? Would be nice. I have tried to set upp the other myttorrent plugin in streamedmp with no success, so im realy looking forward to this.

Browsing and adding torrents from RSS-feeds would be realy neat, since this is more rc friendly. And also has a high WAF

Im looking forward to see more on this!

No label support currently. Can you dig me more information about the labels, so I could figure out if it would be possible to add in to
the plugin. uTorrent web service must support it also.
If you could also think what could be workaround if labels would not be supported. I was planning to add some "post processing script" thingie. So a script is ran after torrent is downloaded, maybe a script could somehow do the things so you would not anymore need label support.
If labels are uTorrent unique feature, I am not so eager to add support for it, since later I might add support to other torrent clients as well..

First pictures of a upcoming RSS support can be seen here;

http://www.sohvaperuna.org/mytorrents-f7/first-glimpse-of-upcoming-rss-support-t14.html

If you have ideas what kind of a RSS support should be there, now is the moment to say it out loud :)

My plan was to;
- Support unlimited amount of RSS feeds (Beware, first version will do whole processing on foreground thread, so it will let you wait
until it has downloaded all of the content)
- Watchlist modified to use only RSS feeds. You can add a watch and torrent download will start automatically if watch matches to a RSS item. Regular expressions supported. So basically you could for example do something like "Lost.S10E[0-9][0-9]" to download whole series.

About other trackers -- yes there will be later also other sites supported. Not yet sure how it will be. Best would be that I will create
some sort of a generic support, which you then can alter from settings. Might be that first I will create dedicated parsers for each site,
but then it would mean that I can support only sites where I have access to. Plugins will be supported, so you can "easily" create your own parsers

- Sohvaperuna

I haven't got the time to try it out yet, but it sounds really nice! =)
Since a lot of downloaded movies comes in winrar format, is it, or will it be possible to extract it when the torrent is downloaded?

I was planning to add "post processing script" feature. So maybe it could do the trick. Lets see how it goes.

Hey man, good to see a revised torrent plugin, but for the life of me I can't work out how to set this up.... It does not ask for a uTorrent directory or any other info, very few settings... Also only the one plugin show up, yet I've dragged 3 to the directory.. Am I missing something here.

Thanks

Problem is that I haven't had time to add any good instructions yet. Also no testers, so might be that the plugin currently works
only on my setup ;)

Anyways, basic requirements are;

uTorrent and uTorrent Web UI
First check that you can really connect the Web UI with browser.

Then install the plugin and start MediaPortal configuration.
Go to plugins and select MyTorrent and press Config button (I am pretty sure it was config button, but I might be wrong). Then
check the settings. I am not currently sure how it works if there are no previous settings. If there are no defaults, then configure each setting.

the_ult

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sounds pretty nice :)

Would be nice if the plugin would support the possibility to set the download location. (movies map for movies, series map for tv-shows, etc. Or the Label support like suggested above).

RSS feeds would be pretty cool as well :) I would like to add other torrent sites besides mininova.

good luck and thanks

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In uTorrent you can set filters to the RSS feeds. I don't know if you can alter these filters with the browser version, but if it's possible, these would be very nice to have in the configuration. Or you could link to a guide on how to set it up.

Here's a useful guide I just found: Torrent-Source Blog Archive Setting up RSS with uTorrent

Edit: Something that would be really cool is support for logos. Say you highlight a torrent in the list, a couple of icons will show you what type of content you're looking at. I don't know what kind of data uTorrent can pull from RSS, but say that words like TV, Movie, h264, xvid, ac3, 720p etc would trigger some icons to appear, this would be really sexy as well as useful.

In the "Quality" tab for the RSS settings in uTorrent, you have:
    DSRip
    DVBRip
    DVDR
    DVDRip
    DVDScr
    HDTV
    HR.HDTV
    HR.PDTV
    PDTV
    SatRip
    SVCD
    TVRip
    WebRip
    720p
    1080i
    1080p

Emph

Attachments

• rss.png
      rss.png
      45.5 KB

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    In uTorrent you can set filters to the RSS feeds. I don't know if you can alter these filters with the browser version, but if it's possible, these would be very nice to have in the configuration. Or you could link to a guide on how to set it up.

Here's a useful guide I just found: Torrent-Source Blog Archive Setting up RSS with uTorrent

Edit: Something that would be really cool is support for logos. Say you highlight a torrent in the list, a couple of icons will show you what type of content you're looking at. I don't know what kind of data uTorrent can pull from RSS, but say that words like TV, Movie, h264, xvid, ac3, 720p etc would trigger some icons to appear, this would be really sexy as well as useful.

In the "Quality" tab for the RSS settings in uTorrent, you have:
    DSRip
    DVBRip
    DVDR
    DVDRip
    DVDScr
    HDTV
    HR.HDTV
    HR.PDTV
    PDTV
    SatRip
    SVCD
    TVRip
    WebRip
    720p
    1080i
    1080p

Emph

Would be nice, can you get me the logos? ;)
    I suppose I can get most of that information out from the titles, if they are named "correctly."

Probably today I can get RSS support to such state that first beta can go out. But it has nothing to do with uTorrent. Most likely I do not
    get access to it via Web UI :(

BTW. Labels can be set through Web UI, so it will probably be some day supported. But I would need support for designing the UI for it.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Prefferably, the logos would be those available from the StreamedMP/media/logos/ path. If it's possible to add support at all for logos, I'll create those logos that might be missing so you can include them with your plugin package. I don't really know how you do it with code, but you could look at how it's done in My TV-Series for example. I'm not a programmer myself sadly.

Would be nice to use some sort of wild card for logos, like "movie", movies", "film" would all translate to "movie" so the "movie.png" logo would show up. Or "tv-show", "tv", "series" and "tv-series" would translate to "series.png" or whatever you choose to use.

About difficulties with the RSS support, in the old Torrent plugin, that might have used the .exe itself? I think you'd have to add the path to the .exe at least for something?

Would be really nice if you could setup a couple of "default" labels in the configuration, and then choose between them in MediaPortal without having to use the virtual keyboard everytime unless you already have a torrent active with the label you want. I think this is one of the shortcomings of uTorrent itself. Unless there's a "Software" or "Film" label already active, you can't choose the label from a dropdown, but have to type it in.

Emph

hjalleballe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would be really nice if you could setup a couple of "default" labels in the configuration, and then choose between them in MediaPortal without having to use the virtual keyboard everytime unless you already have a torrent active with the label you want. I think this is one of the shortcomings of uTorrent itself. Unless there's a "Software" or "Film" label already active, you can't choose the label from a dropdown, but have to type it in.

Emph

Yes you can! In µtorrent choose settings -> Advanced -> UI extra. The labels you set here are permanent, and available always, no matter if there are any earlier active. And just as Sohvaperuna says, these labels are also available in the webui, wich makes it possible to use it in a plugin.

By ticking the option "Add torrent label" in the download path options for µtorrent you could have the torrents moved to a "movie" "music" folder etc. Im using this in combination with a program called autoextractor wich is an automatic extractor for µtorrent.

Im downloading using webui on my workstation, i set the right label -> The torrent get downloaded, then automatically moved to the right folder when finished, then automatically unpacked. Very easy to setup.

Having a plugin thats lets me browse my favourite RSS-feeds, and lets me choose between permanent labels when i start downloading them would be great. Although this way of using it seems to limit the plugin to µtorrent. (no problem for me though :) )

Unfortunately i have no real programming skills myself otherwise i would be glad to help you on this one Sohvaperuna. :)

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ThX for the plugin, gonna give it a spin in a bit..

Would it be doable to import the Web UI of other programs ?

Torrents is great for downloading packages, it would be nice tho to have something for single files aswell, I've played around with the Web UI of Shareaza that connects to the donkey, gnutella1 and 2 network, but couldnt get it working, i would love to see a MP P2P plugin ;)

Greetz Jan

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Yeah, or possibly one "Downloader" plugin that integrates the capabilities of uTorrent, P2P and something like JDownloader, all in one neat package. I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here, though. ;)

hjalleballe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Problem is that I haven't had time to add any good instructions yet. Also no testers, so might be that the plugin currently works
    only on my setup ;)

It works for me with just configuring the plugin in media portal configuration, with the settings that work in my browser.

MP 1.0 on Vista 32, µtorrent 1.8.1 webui 0.361

I could help with testing

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    By ticking the option "Add torrent label" in the download path options for µtorrent you could have the torrents moved to a "movie" "music" folder etc. Im using this in combination with a program called autoextractor wich is an automatic extractor for µtorrent.

(In advance, sorry for off topic discussion).

Thanks, this is pretty cool. Although, it's a shame that it "moves" the download. This will stop the seeding, right? I would also prefer if it could choose download folder dynamically from the selected label. Something like this:

LABEL........[ DESTINATION ]

TV...............D:\Media\TV-Series
    Pop/Rock....D:\Media\Music\Pop & Rock
    Movies........E:\Film
    House.........D:\Media\Music\House 12''

Instead of just creating a subfolder called TV, Movies etc, setting them up like this would be even better. I have my labels setup now though, thanks for the heads up!
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom