MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (1 Viewer)

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
I like this plugin! :) :D
Since I'm still using B3 as skin, I thought I whip up a quick B3 skin (based on your included skinfiles)
Dev is done on my laptop (not a 4:3 screen) so there will be small pixel errors.
Included is a graphic as background, just picked it from the internet...
Also, I do not have uTorrent on this laptop, tonight I will check on my MP system. Especially for Torrent details screen.

Nice! :)
Once I am more or less finished with coding, I will probably ask your permission to add skin to MyTorrent package, if you just keep it updated. Most likely there will be coming changes. MyTorrents is still on its early days.

- Sohvaperuna

The screen kept flickering on startup, the torrentplugin did add the torrent found in the RSS but i had to close mediaportal and remove the RSS feed, then Mediaportal started normal.

Now im playing around with watchdog again, but somehow it won't start automaticly, im not sure what triggers the watchdog search inside the RSS feed but there might be something in that.

edit: on closing mediaportal i get a "Microsoft Visual C++" error on "mediaportal.exe"
R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call

Did you get the plugin working?

If possible, check your mediaportal.log and find MyTorrents from there. There might be a backtrace. I would
be really happy to get it :)

- Sohvaperuna

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
seem to be having problems getting this working.
Have setup utorrent on this laptop, have one active torrent, set a label, but the plugin can't seem to get the same data in the GUI.
It does however say 1 torrent.
Using windows XP SP3 with MP1.0.0.0 and utorrent 1.8.2 (Mytorrent 301)
Also regularly server 500 errors.
If you need logfiles, just let me know.

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
seem to be having problems getting this working.
Have setup utorrent on this laptop, have one active torrent, set a label, but the plugin can't seem to get the same data in the GUI.
It does however say 1 torrent.
Using windows XP SP3 with MP1.0.0.0 and utorrent 1.8.2 (Mytorrent 301)
Also regularly server 500 errors.
If you need logfiles, just let me know.

Log files are always welcome. Can you put issue on

Issues - mp-mytorrents - Google Code

And attach log files there. Mediaportal.log would be nice.

I also notices 500 errors on mininova recently, but thats Mininova's problem I suppose.
Then I also noticed that if plugin gets any error from web page, it goes crazy. I will put updated
version (v0.35) online in a minute, it might help some problems.

- Sohvaperuna

MyTorrents v0.35 alive.

- It adds support to basic form based authentication.
- Support for Demonoid added.
- Some torelance for error situations added.

- Sohvaperuna

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Wow, this sounds great, keep up the good work!

One thing; do i get the opportunity to select which files to download, so i can exclude files like samples?

Not supported currently. And I do not see that as a critical issue. So it would not be the next thing to be implemented. However, if you wish such feature in future, add it to issue tracker.

- Sohvaperuna

This does sound bloody amazing. Good luck with the development!

Thx :)

I will gladly help out with the UI facelift if you like. I can whip up some mockup screens of what I'd like later on, and help skinning it if/when new buttons/options are available.

I'm also interested in what info the plugin can "lift" from torrents without them being downloaded. Is it possible to get video resolution, audio codec and such info? Number of files would be nice as well (then you could use something like "if files more than 10 display the rar_archive.png" or something like that. Seeing info about size and so on would not only look cool, but is very useful. If I look at what options are available in uTorrent for .RSS, you have both "format" and "codec" in that list.

Emph

Go to torrent search site, enter your search and press OK. Everything you see in the page are possible to show also on plugin. Many torrent sites also shows detailed information on other pages. But I do not see it possible using information from those pages. Search would simply take way too long. For example lets assume that in one
search page you have 50 torrents. I can get list of the torrent with just fetching one page. If I want to get the
detailed information, I would need to do 1+50 page downloads.

Of course there could be a menu item "request details". But then I would do it so that I will download the actual torrent and check the details from it. I just try to get all required information from the torrent sites, I do not try to
extract all of the possible information. It would be very hard to maintain a plugin which would have dependancy to
many different web pages. Every time web page admins changes a small detail on the page, it might mean that
plugin stops functioning.

So all the detail you can see from the first torrent search page are available, for example
Search results for house s05 - Mininova

Just one note more, the "detail" you would like to use, should be found from most of the other torrent sites also.

Any information you can find from the .torrent files are also available. But those must be reuqested separately
from the UI. Not possible to fecth .torrent files for each entry on search page.

I will write a document which gives you some more details about the plugin. There are lots of details which
could be shown on the UI but I decided not to. I like more simplified UIs.
For example on RSS page, there are bunch of properties which are not currently used. Each time you select a
RSS item, for example property;

#MyTorrents.RSS.PublishDate is set. So is #MyTorrents.RSS.Category, #MyTorrents.RSS.Description. So on.

I would like to consentrate to code only. So I would love to leave skinning to someone else. If you wish to do it, mail me sohvaperuna@sohvaperuna.org.
Anyways I will continue to provide my version also, I will use it for testing purposes also. So there might be
things which are not necessary important once the plugin is 100% working.
So you could start doing your skin whenever you want, when you see it is ready to be released. It would be
added to a pagage and user can decide which one to use.
Once v1.0 is coming closer, there could be a vote, which one to use in a final version.

How that sounds to you? :)

:D
- Sohvaperuna

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
is isohunt in your plans?

Nope. But later I will provide a document which gives instructions how you would do it yourself.
It might be possible already. You would just need to alter mytorrents.xml.
But it is also very possible that there are such things on isohunt site that does not fit to the plugin currently.

I quickly checked isohunt, most likely it would not be possible to get working with current plugin.
Isohunt wants to show age of the torrents in such manner that it will give me an headache and torrent an
exception.
If there will be a more requests for isohunt, it might appear there at somepoint. Support might come anyway,
but if isohunt is only site to show age that way, then I can promise that isohunt will be one of the lasts
to be added :)

- Sohvaperuna

hjalleballe

Portal Member
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MyTorrents v0.35 alive.

- Sohvaperuna

Hmm, dont know if im missing something here, but i cant find any way to edit settings for "form based authentication" in the configuration for mytorrents.

I dont have a Demonoid account, so im not able test the functionality on this one.

On the other hand, authentication by valid RSS-feed link with passkey works fine and has been in all versions with RSS-support.

(Maybe most of you know this, anyhow on many trackers you could have custom RSS feeds with prefered categories and included passkey, like:
http://scenehd.org/rss.php?cat=1;4;8;11;13;9;16;5;7;12&passkey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Thats why i really love the RSS-support :)

And on my wishlist, ability to rename RSS-feeds :)

I also think im going to look into some services and a .php script i found, wich makes it possibly to to merge and cache for example "movies" RSS-feed from different trackers and cache the links so you could see more than just the 20 latest or so. If there is any interrest in this?

Big :D to sohvaperuna for making this so far excellent plugin!

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
MyTorrents v0.35 alive.

- Sohvaperuna

Hmm, dont know if im missing something here, but i cant find any way to edit settings for "form based authentication" in the configuration for mytorrents.

I dont have a Demonoid account, so im not able test the functionality on this one.

On the other hand, authentication by valid RSS-feed link with passkey works fine and has been in all versions with RSS-support.

(Maybe most of you know this, anyhow on many trackers you could have custom RSS feeds with prefered categories and included passkey, like:
http://scenehd.org/rss.php?cat=1;4;8;11;13;9;16;5;7;12&passkey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Thats why i really love the RSS-support :)

And on my wishlist, ability to rename RSS-feeds :)

I also think im going to look into some services and a .php script i found, wich makes it possibly to to merge and cache for example "movies" RSS-feed from different trackers and cache the links so you could see more than just the 20 latest or so. If there is any interrest in this?

Big :D to sohvaperuna for making this so far excellent plugin!

There is nothing on configuration pages. Everything is in MyTorrents.xml (config file, not skin, I probably have to rename either one). I know I should write some documentation how to work with it :)

No need, it is almost done already.

Configuration of RSS feeds is going to be different in next version, in MyTorrents.xml you can have for example;

<feed>
<title>My own feeds</title>
<description>Combined feeds from mininova.org</description>
<url>http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?sub=30</url>
<url>http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?sub=31</url>
<url>http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?sub=32</url>
<url>http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?sub=33</url>
<url>http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?sub=34</url>
<url>http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?sub=35</url>
<url>http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?sub=36</url>
<url>http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml?sub=37</url>
</feed>

- Sohvaperuna

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    - Sohvaperuna

The screen kept flickering on startup, the torrentplugin did add the torrent found in the RSS but i had to close mediaportal and remove the RSS feed, then Mediaportal started normal.

Now im playing around with watchdog again, but somehow it won't start automaticly, im not sure what triggers the watchdog search inside the RSS feed but there might be something in that.

edit: on closing mediaportal i get a "Microsoft Visual C++" error on "mediaportal.exe"
    R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call

Did you get the plugin working?

If possible, check your mediaportal.log and find MyTorrents from there. There might be a backtrace. I would
    be really happy to get it :)

- Sohvaperuna

I tride it again, watchdog seems to do its work, there was one hit on "Lost" and that started downloading, on closing is still get that error tho, I will reinstall the plug tho, maybe that helps.

(not very important, maybe a option for the future)
    Would it posible to let the watchdog function suggest downloads instead of downloading them instantly ?
    (maybe on placing name in watchdog select auto/manual) this way we could keep a litle more control about what downloads starts.

I've added the log in the attachment...

ThX for your hard work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom