MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (2 Viewers)

hjalleballe

Portal Member
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks, this is pretty cool. Although, it's a shame that it "moves" the download. This will stop the seeding, right?

No, since its µtorrent itself that moves the files, it also remaps the files for seeding. Works for me anyway

:sorry: if this is OT

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think its great that you started a plugin like this. The google code is a good way of keeping track of bugs and improvements too.

My wish is a good RSS downloader that works with a tracker (or trackers) of my choice. Logos and other cool stuff could be implemented at a later version imo.

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    ThX for the plugin, gonna give it a spin in a bit..

Would it be doable to import the Web UI of other programs ?

Torrents is great for downloading packages, it would be nice tho to have something for single files aswell, I've played around with the Web UI of Shareaza that connects to the donkey, gnutella1 and 2 network, but couldnt get it working, i would love to see a MP P2P plugin ;)

Greetz Jan

If you can find a web UI which can control all of the needed p2p applications similar way, then I can think about this :)

Problem is that I haven't had time to add any good instructions yet. Also no testers, so might be that the plugin currently works
    only on my setup ;)

It works for me with just configuring the plugin in media portal configuration, with the settings that work in my browser.

MP 1.0 on Vista 32, µtorrent 1.8.1 webui 0.361

I could help with testing

Great news! If possible, contact me at sohvaperuna at sohvaperuna.org. I will then inform you when I have new version, so you will get it first and you have some time to check it out before I put it online. I do not want to create any strict process around this project. So lets do it a way we see it best. You will get the internal version, you can test it if you have time/intrests, but I cannot necessarily wait your output always.

:D
    - Sohvaperuna

Update;

I have been working with RSS support and labels.

RSS support currently works fine with Mininova : The ultimate BitTorrent source! and thepiratebay.org. I was
    not planning to test it with other sites, atleast not at this time.
    In watchlist, you can put triggers which will start automatic downloading.
    There is no other possibility, if you put something on watchlist and it matches
    to an RSS item, it will start downloading.
    Trigger could be for example "dvdrip.*axxo" or "lost.s05e[0-9][0-9]".
    I am not so sure what kind of a regular expression format Net. frameworks support, but
    I suppose it should be standard.

Labels;
    When you go to "All Torrents" view, you can see list of labels which are coming from uTorrent.
    For example;

No labels (this is there always)
    Movies
    Games

If you press a label, then you can see which torrents are under the label.

Later it will be configurable, you can choose if you want to see labels in torrent list or not.

When you start downloading (from search view) MP asks under which label you want to download the torrent.
    When you add trigger to watchlist, it will ask under which label all of the matches will go.
    If you select RSS item and start downloading it, it will do the same.

Currently there is a bit challenge with the label thing. MyTorrents plugin does not have any clue which is the
    hash of the torrent you start downloading. Hash is needed when label is changed via Web UI. Anyways it
    should be doable, I might be optimistic but I think I will get it out today.

- Sohvaperuna

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    New version v0.301 online.

Downloads - mp-mytorrents - Google Code

Biggest changes;

- Support for uTorrent labels
    - Support for RSS feeds
    - You can automatically download from RSS feeds using Watchlist
    - Support for thepiratebay.org. Also first version of configurable tracker support. Mininova and
    thepiratebay.org uses same engine inside MyTorrents. Sites are configured in a XML file which
    you can alter. Currently it is a bit complex and needs instrcutions, which are coming later.
    No support for sites which needs authentication yet.
    - Log, currently used for debugging purposes.

If you find a bugs, please use issue tracker;
    Issues - mp-mytorrents - Google Code

Plan is to add support for torrent search sites which needs authentication.
    Then it is time to kill the bugs and after that UI facelift.

- Sohvaperuna

Big thank to hjalleballe for helping on testing! :)

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Blue3 support

I like this plugin! :) :D
    Since I'm still using B3 as skin, I thought I whip up a quick B3 skin (based on your included skinfiles)
    Dev is done on my laptop (not a 4:3 screen) so there will be small pixel errors.
    Included is a graphic as background, just picked it from the internet...
    Also, I do not have uTorrent on this laptop, tonight I will check on my MP system. Especially for Torrent details screen.

Attachments

• Blue3.rar
      30.6 KB

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ThX for the plugin...

Give it a quick testrun, search works perfect, start from there, data from utorrent shows up neath, labels working fine here.

I've tride watchdog, first added "Lost" then found out i need to add the RSS first, so added the RSS "http://rss.thepiratebay.org/205" and relaunced Mediaportal.

The screen kept flickering on startup, the torrentplugin did add the torrent found in the RSS but i had to close mediaportal and remove the RSS feed, then Mediaportal started normal.

Now im playing around with watchdog again, but somehow it won't start automaticly, im not sure what triggers the watchdog search inside the RSS feed but there might be something in that.

edit: on closing mediaportal i get a "Microsoft Visual C++" error on "mediaportal.exe"
    R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I will gladly help out with the UI facelift if you like. I can whip up some mockup screens of what I'd like later on, and help skinning it if/when new buttons/options are available.

I'm also interested in what info the plugin can "lift" from torrents without them being downloaded. Is it possible to get video resolution, audio codec and such info? Number of files would be nice as well (then you could use something like "if files more than 10 display the rar_archive.png" or something like that. Seeing info about size and so on would not only look cool, but is very useful. If I look at what options are available in uTorrent for .RSS, you have both "format" and "codec" in that list.

Emph

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Wow, this sounds great, keep up the good work!

One thing; do i get the opportunity to select which files to download, so i can exclude files like samples?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom