MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi edalex,

Thank.. The crash you explain was exactly the crash I mean.. But it is solved now in the new version..

Nice job.

I'm looking forward to a next release!

Best regards,

Marcel

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: MyTorrents v0.69.3

Bump.
    Unplanned update

MyTorrents.0.69.6 (0.70 beta 2)

Added:
    Call with parameter feature to allow other plugins use MyTorrents search.

Download:
    Go to Extension plugin - Change view - Online Extensions. If you update extensions list new version should be there.

I need to update plugin code coz integration with trakt is already commited and in mp-tv-series is still possible

If you're a beta tester, don't want to wait next official trakt or mp-tvseries release you can use my test versions from attach.
    Try them at your own risk.
    Latest Trakt plugin is released with MyTorrent support.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Edalex,

I want to report that with this plugin enabled, Mediaportal takes around 20 seconds longer to startup.. I have test it a lot of times.. I had made a tpoic with the problem and that's the result (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...time-startup-logs-included-103582/#post821316)

:(

I hope you know why this plugin takes such a long time to load..

EDIT: I have checked some sthings in the plugin, and he could not make connection with uTorrent.. I had reset my modem last week and didn't used the plugin after that.. My IP adress was changed.. (I have 2 pc's here and the one is ending with 100 and the other with 101) Those numbers where changed now vice versa, so I had to change it in the plugin..

So, FIXED!!

Maybe It's an idea to let the plugin connect to utorrent only when you open the plugin..

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Yeah, I had this idea when i've started to patch plugin. Every-seconded requests from plugin pissed me off. The only thought was to set timers update period to greater values.
    Maybe now I know how to establish connection when you open plugin window in MP (move all connection logic from Init to OnPageLoad I suppose) but I will not make this changes before 0.70 stable. And for 0.70 we hope to expand sites and skins support. I can't make skin changes myself because I'm not good in it (in fact really bad). Maybe I can help with regex for new sites but I didn't see any suggestions.
    So now I'm just reading new bugreports and awaitng if anyone provide new skin files :rolleyes:

dqv69

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    I read in a post that you will work on other backend, like rtorrent.
    Personally I use this excellent and light torrent client.
    Have you already plan the dev for this functionality ?
    Thx

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Plans exists but they dont match with my poor coding abilities. :(
    Honestly, I would be happy if someone else will add new backends.
    I suggets you to add new issue here Issues - mp-mytorrents - MediaPortal MyTorrents plugin - Google Project Hosting to help me understand if it is needed for many people.
    If so I will try to read and understand rtorrent xml-rpc docs
    the new version doen'st show up for me in the MPEI after done an update.. Any idea why?
    Working for me from another PC.

fitzy75

Portal Member
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey Guys

I love the look of this plugin but I'm having a few issues.

I installed from the MPEI installer (I prefer this method to make updating it easier) but for some reason it did not install any of the skin files, I couldn't find them anywhere in any MP directories. The main one was MP-MyTorrents.xml and when trying to run the plugin it had the error 'missing or invalid file' in C:\Documents and Settings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\skin\Default. So I downloaded this from the 'skin' section of Blue3 on the Google Code website and put it in the right folder, it now loaded fine in MP, but on clicking 'search torrents' or other links on the first screen, it said other xml files were missing too from the same folder, so I downloaded them from google code too and put them in. All the links now work, but when I search for torrents, the search results page is not displaying correctly and I can only see the logo for 'xvid' and they are overlapping and there is no text or anything else on the result page. It should be noted that I am using MP 1.2.1 on WinXP with the Default skin that comes with it, rather than Blue3 but I cannot seem to find any xml files for the default skin in MP 1.2, do any exist? Or any files from another skin which would display correctly with the default one?

I look forward to any help you can give me on the matter,
    Cheers
    Rob

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Sorry, installer contains only StreamedMP skin files. If you want to use default skin you should copy files from C:\Documents and Settings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP to C:\Documents and Settings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\skin\Default. But I thinl there will be some overlapping text fields etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom