MyTorrents (1 Viewer)

koolman53

Portal Member
April 16, 2008
Arizona
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
can anyone tell me why when I try to watch a movie with ESIR, AND HDV I cant play them. are these torrents? thx for the help.

m.standish

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Wakefield
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
May i request a feature that when you are in my torrents, that when you try access utorrent (ect), instead of just querying the web ui that it attempts to load utorrent too, in case utorrent isnt running already?

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Excellent plugin

Hi fcsobel,

Thanks for the excellent plugin. :) I am going to try the latest version (that starts utorrent if it isn't running). If you want to enhance that even further, a version that launches utorrent on a remote PC would be very cool as this is my setup. That may require a "sysinternals" tool to remote execute an app?...

Cya,

Nick Name

riro

Portal Member
    September 20, 2007
    Sundborn
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the excellent plugin. :) I am going to try the latest version (that starts utorrent if it isn't running). If you want to enhance that even further, a version that launches utorrent on a remote PC would be very cool as this is my setup. That may require a "sysinternals" tool to remote execute an app?...

Thats easy to do...

Turn on auto-load of torrents in uTorrent.

Share the folder.

Create a cmd-file that have:
    Code:
    copy %1 \\othercomputer\TorrentsAutoloadShareName

Then on your machine running the plugin, assosiate a .torrent files with that cmd-file.

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Tack så mycket riro :)
    However you misunderstood my request. I actually already have the Autoload feature working (thanks to an earlier post of yours) however I requested an update that runs/executes the uTorrent application remotely when it isn't running. The new update will run uTorrent but only on the local machine, not start it on a remote PC. When I get a chance I thought might try replacing the commandline for the local uTorrent.exe with a CMD file that executes it remotely :)

Thanks again,

Nick Name

riro

Portal Member
    September 20, 2007
    Sundborn
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tack så mycket riro :)
    However you misunderstood my request. I actually already have the Autoload feature working (thanks to an earlier post of yours) however I requested an update that runs/executes the uTorrent application remotely when it isn't running. The new update will run uTorrent but only on the local machine, not start it on a remote PC. When I get a chance I thought might try replacing the commandline for the local uTorrent.exe with a CMD file that executes it remotely :)

Ok, a bit longer script this time... VBScript to check a remote host if the process is running, and if not use PsExec to start it.

Find PsExec here PsExec

Code:
    Option Explicit
    Dim oWmi, oProcess, oProcesses, oShell
    Dim strList, bIsRunning

Const cComputer = "MYOTHERCOMPUTER"
    Const cProcessName = "uTorrent.exe"

bIsRunning = False
    Set oWmi = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & cComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set oProcesses = oWmi.ExecQuery ("Select Name from Win32_Process where Name = '" & cProcessName & "'")
    For Each oProcess In oProcesses
    	bIsRunning = True
    Next

If bIsRunning Then
    	WScript.Echo cProcessName & " is running..."
    Else
    	WScript.Echo cProcessName & " isnt running, starting process on " & cComputer

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    	oShell.Run "psexec \\" & cComputer & " -u Username -p p@s5w0rd -d -i X:\mypath\to\uTorrent.exe", 1, False
    End If

WScript.Quit

I havnt tested the code...

So the cmd-script should look something like:

Code:
    cscript.exe theNewVbScript.vbs
    copy %1 \\server\autloadpath

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Tack så mycket egen riro :)

Wow, that is great service! I didn't actually expect you to write the code for me, that is very kind of you. I just tried out the VBSscript and it works like a charm.

Thanks again,

Nick Name.

riro

Portal Member
    September 20, 2007
    Sundborn
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have "a few" scripts on my work-laptop... And copy/paste isnt that hard :)

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    I would like to second the request for search filtering. I would love to be able to limit my rss results to certain keywords like "xvid" instead of having to sort through the whole feed. Thanks for working so hard on this plugin and keep it up!

Thanks,
    Jacc1234

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom