Thanks.

Martan

Portal Member
July 14, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Yes, exactly I must set the MP to run on top of other windows :(

But I remember that I had no issue like this when using MP earlier...
And I was using the same setup [CoreAVC] only OS was Vista SP1 x64.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    tray icons like those from divx, ffdshow, coreavc, etc. have the odd habbit to take the focus away from mediaportal.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For me, it changed because I now use CoreAVC/Haali for MediaPortal so it could be te tray icon like Infinityloop says. Before that I used the MediaLooks directshow filter and Quicktime which didn't have tray icons. Try disabling the tray icons and let us know ;)

Martan

Portal Member
    July 14, 2008
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    For me it didn't work. Yesterday I disabled all the tray-icons.
    Only the VSFilter stays, there is no way to turn it's tray off unfortunately.

I'm using the 'always on top' feature.

//EDIT:
    It must be some issue with Windows 7, on my desktop PC with Vista SP1 x64 there is no problem with focus loosing...

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Question: Is it possible to get 5.1 sound on trailers somehow?

Yes it's possible.. I will kinda type this in a hurry cause i'm busy with some other stuff now but i'm assuming you also use AC3Filter.

First, not all trailers have 5.1 audio btw so find one that does . The trailer i'm sure of that has 5.1 (as i used it to test my codecs) is the one from Terminator Salvation the 720p one. There are a couple of problems i encountered in the beginning.. problem one was that if Monogram AAC was the preferred audio decoder (which is the case after installing mediaportal) between Haali and AC3Filter the sounds was 5.1 but the channels were mixed up.. after this i tried MPC Audio Decoder and it could decode the AAC sound from Apple Trailers and it had the channels correct. So i started with MPC Audio Decoder.. i set the merit for AC3Filter to preferred +1 and the MPC Audio Decoder as merit normal with no audio codecs above that.. In the MPC Audio Codec properties set the output to SPDIF.

Hi Armand, back again with a 5.1 question. I had it all working, but now I only get stereo PCM again. I'm several svns along, so I can't say what i did to cause it. The strange thing is though, when I render the url of a 5.1 mov file in GraphEdit, it's 5.1 but in MediaPortal it's 2.0. The graph renders the file with CoreAC, Haali, ffdshow audio decoder and AC3 Filter. Those are the same codecs I've stup MediaPortal to use. Any idea what could cause it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom