Not open for further replies.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any opinions about what's the best codec setup for playback of 720p trailers from apple? I'm using fdshow and playback of 720p is anything but smooth, while 480p is. Do not think it is bandwith, however, but not 100 percent sure.

If 720p works fine from a local source, then theres a high chance that its internet speed related, i have the same problem.

BTW nice work armandp :D

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Black&White 1080 My Trailers skin

Hi,i've just finished the My Trailers skin for Black&White 1080.

Attachments

• Big icons.jpg
      Big icons.jpg
      299.9 KB
    • Apple trailers Filmstrip View.jpg
      Apple trailers Filmstrip View.jpg
      254.7 KB
    • Apple Trailers detailed view.jpg
      Apple Trailers detailed view.jpg
      215.1 KB
    • Game Trailers.jpg
      Game Trailers.jpg
      295.9 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just redid some of my skinning work. See the screens for the result, mostly changed detailviews so the rest is kind of the same.

Btw does anyone know if the visible tag supports some logic (besides Control.IsVisible)?. If I could check for #MyTrailers.Details.Poster being not set or empty or something I could make the poster backdrop dissapear while in gametrailers. Besides that I could then use a fanart backdrop from the games folder (instead of movies)

Edit:

To top it of I just changed the main lists a bit, so people using thumbviews have some extra room for thumbs ;)
    BTW if any of you guys have suggestions regarding my skinning please feel free to contact me (this thread doesn't seem like the right place, I checkout the aeon wide thread from time to time too), might improve this awesome plugin even more.

Attachments

• apple_detail.jpg
      apple_detail.jpg
      97.7 KB
    • game_detail.jpg
      game_detail.jpg
      104.9 KB
    • list.jpg
      list.jpg
      90.6 KB
    • list_icons.jpg
      list_icons.jpg
      127.6 KB

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My understanding of the skin engine is far from complete but if i can hint at certain settings by enabling/disabling dummy labels/controls just let me know.
    I'm also still looking for a skinner to spice up my original BlueTwo Wide skin or maybe create a generic skin for use with the plugin

Se7enDays

Portal Member
    September 28, 2006
    Hi,

I would love to use this Plugin. Gametrailers works fine, but AppleTrailers won't let me play the files. I think it is a codec problem. But mov files play fine in windows media player. for those where the plugin works, could you tell me which codecs you have installed?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I didn't select it anywhere that I'm aware of but MyTrailers is using ffdshow here for both audio and video.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I would love to use this Plugin. Gametrailers works fine, but AppleTrailers won't let me play the files. I think it is a codec problem. But mov files play fine in windows media player. for those where the plugin works, could you tell me which codecs you have installed?

I think it's the splitter that you need to worry about... have you installed Haali Media Splitter (set to prefered) ?
    If you say mov files play fine in windows media player are you talking about local mov files or are you playing from online urls?
    Some splitters work perfect locally but Haali Media Splitter (AR) is the only one i know of which can handle "streaming" for mov files.

Se7enDays

Portal Member
    September 28, 2006
    Indeed local mov files are played fine, whereas online urls produce an error.

I have both ffdshow and haali splitter installed. I tried to set every option in the MP configuration to ffdsho but that didn't help. How can i set Haali splitter to the prefered one?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom