MyTrailers (2 Viewers)

_rm_

Portal Pro
June 10, 2008
Lisbon
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Well, in that case i hope that someone with this version can give some tip.
Thanks anyway.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi rm,

I had similar issues. The history of which is in this thread, as are the solutions that worked for me. To sumarise.....

Uninstalling all codecs and codec packs and then installing Vista codec pack only worked for me. This meant VLC plugin is not needed to play these streams that my trailers uses.

However, if you do not want to mess around with your current codec config and want to use vlc plugin, you may need to check the following. Make sure you have enabled the VLC plugin in Mp config and that you have selected http streams check box. That is the only additional check box you need to enable other than those already selected by default.

If you have Haali media splitter installed. You may also need to go into your Haali Media splitter settings and turn off error reporting. This may then allow the VLC plugin to be used instead of the internal player which is tried first.

Cheers,
Colin

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I believe that the usual advice is NEVER install a codec pack.
    I have the recommended codecs from here + the nVidia PureVideo installed and never have had an issue! (touching wood!)

_rm_

Portal Pro
    June 10, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I have news.

Yesterday, i was having problems with the plugin in my "test pc", i decided to install it in my real HTPC and guess what, it works, BUT, the games trailers don´t.
    I´m not that angry because i wanted this plugin because of the apple traillers feature, but anyone have a guess why the games don´t work?

By the way, i have the codecs listed in the PDF guide:

- FFdshow
    SourceForge.net: Files

-HAALI MEDIA SPLITTER
    Haali Media Splitter

-QT LITE AND REAL ALTERNATIVE
    QT Lite and
    Download Real Alternative

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just noticed the cast display is not available (apple gives no data in the json feed i pull them from). I already fixed this by pulling this data from another part of the site. I will be releasing a new version this weekend.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey ArmandP.

Well dunno what it is this time, but I've some issues with the latest plugin. I reinstalled everything (MP + codecs) and the problem persists. Attached the logs for you to review.
    The thing is when I use release 2.0.0.137 everythings working fine. When I use the latest release from google code it crashes after trying to playback a file.

Sorry to bother you again with probably some user config mistake... Checked the logs myself but couldn't really make sense of what is causing this issue.

_rm_

Portal Pro
    June 10, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Sometimes, i don´t know why, MP crashes when i try to open a trailer info.
    Sorry about the dumb question but, were can i find a log error with the possible problem?

garyday

Portal Member
    March 1, 2006
    Dubai
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MyTrailers Crash when starting playback

Guys,

This plug-in looks awesome, I wish this worked for me .. However, when I start the plugin and select a trailer it sits there, when I press any
    button then the widow flashes with a crashlog, MP doesn't crash, but the plugins trailer doesn't work...

I have the following in my error.log

2008-09-28 21:01:00.530632 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.Trailers.GUITrailers.showDetails(String key)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.Trailers.GUITrailers.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    2008-09-28 21:01:23.874382 [ERROR][17]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2008-09-28 21:01:23.874382 [ERROR][17]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.Trailers.GUITrailers.OnItemSelected(GUIListItem item, GUIControl parent)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.ItemSelectedHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.itemSelectedCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
    2008-09-28 21:01:23.890007 [ERROR][17]: Exception :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2008-09-28 21:01:23.890007 [ERROR][17]: site :confused:ystem.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage EndInvokeHelper(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message, Boolean)
    2008-09-28 21:01:23.905632 [ERROR][17]: source :mscorlib
    2008-09-28 21:01:23.921257 [ERROR][17]: stacktrace:
    Server stack trace:
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.Trailers.GUITrailers.OnItemSelected(GUIListItem item, GUIControl parent)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.ItemSelectedHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.itemSelectedCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

Any ideas why I am getting this, I would love to get this plugin working.

Cheers

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom