MyTv:tvguide graphics visual artefacts (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I have seen this bizare effect with an AIW 9000 and various SVN releases strange elongated triangles off of some of the fonts which does remind me of overclocking/overheating artifacts.

Nothing seems to be amiss and heat isn't an issue but it usual appears when video and gui are displayed together and the gui image sometimes also apears in the video window.

Certainly not happening with the latest svn and i have been hammering the pc all day with 3d work .

starfire

Portal Member
    December 19, 2006
    Maybe I'll give an SVN release a go, never tried one before, will check out the wiki.

Is there an easy way of restoring my TV channel configuration like DVB-T frequencies and the EPG (and other settings) from a stable release into an SVN release?

starfire

Portal Member
    December 19, 2006
    I tried the latest SVN and the bug has gone :) Just got to re-create my whole config. though :(

As per edit, fault still there :(

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i have a nvidia 6200 and have the same problem. disabel write combining hasn't resolved it! any news? is it a mp bug or a nvidia driver problem?? workaround??

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    You can save your TV channel information by using the Export button in the configuration->TV Channels page.
    Click the Export button and save the file somewhere. When you re-install just go the same place in configuration and click the Import button and "hey presto!" TV card configured for channels in seconds flat :)

Hope that helps,

Nick Name.

starfire

Portal Member
    December 19, 2006
    i have a nvidia 6200 and have the same problem. disabel write combining hasn't resolved it! any news? is it a mp bug or a nvidia driver problem?? workaround??

I gave up with it (MP) but personally as several different HW configs. appear to be affected and I tried different drivers I believe it a MP bug. Never had this issue before in any other SW at all, only MP.

Verbi

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I had the same time ago and resolution change (and latest SVN maybe) helps me to solve it. There is also other way how to fix this problem (as it was mentioned in some other thread here) - change AntiAlias setting to 8xS in nVIDIA settings, unfortunatelly this makes jerks in full screen TV for me.

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I had the same time ago and resolution change (and latest SVN maybe) helps me to solve it. There is also other way how to fix this problem (as it was mentioned in some other thread here) - change AntiAlias setting to 8xS in nVIDIA settings, unfortunatelly this makes jerks in full screen TV for me.

hi!

i have a nvidia 6200 card, but didn't find this setting! can you explain what to set?

thx a log!

/mario

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Same problem - MSI 6600GT Video card.
    This only started when I changed from VGA input to DVI->HDMI.
    VGA I was running 1366x768, HDMI 1280x720p. I also see it in "recorded tv" as well as TV guide - hard to reproduce, sometimes its there, sometimes not.
    Hope someone gets to the bottom of this!

Verbi

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    hi!

i have a nvidia 6200 card, but didn't find this setting! can you explain what to set?

thx a log!

/mario

Hi mario,

its in the nVIDIA Display ControlPanel -> Performance & Quality settings -> Antialiasing settings. Change it from "Application Controlled" to other value.
    The only one worked for me was 8xS but then was TV "unwatchable" due to lot of jerks. I have figurred out that also change resolution helps (now i have something like 1280*766 on 16:9 Plasma TV). Im not near my HTPC so I cant tell exact resolution but i think i mentioned correct one I have.

I hope this helps you.

Verbi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom