MyTv:tvguide graphics visual artefacts (1 Viewer)

MrPaulo

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm still getting this... and it is really frustrating. I have an nVidia 7300GS card.

I've noticed a couple of things...
It only happens when TV is being previewed in the bottom corner.
It isn't limited to just the TV Guide, it happens on other screens when TV preview is there.
It doesn't happen if you restart MP then go to the guide -it looks fine. If you then change channels and go back to the guide it will be there.
If you press 'stop', the preview will disappear for a second then come back, but the artifacts will usually stop appearing (until you change channels again).
As well as the 'dancing triangles' there are some text that is lost. The icon for the channel at the bottom of the list is blanked out. As you scroll through channels it reappears momentarily then is blanked out again. Also the start of the name of the program (in the description at the bottom) is also blanked out.

I've tried lots of things, but can't get rid of it. i.e. reinstalled MP, upgraded to all sorts of versions etc. I've tried upgrading my nVidia drivers a few times but that hasn't fixed it.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks,
Paul.

Kiwi

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Pukerua Bay
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I havent been able to resolve this either - however....

With release 1 of xface, I upgraded from RC1 to RC2+SVN, Xface skin and for the last couple of days the artefacts have disappeared (so far). Whether it was the change to RC2 or xface I don't know as I have gone back to an old skin to see.

Fingers crossed that its gone for good!:D

MrPaulo

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks Kiwi - I've got RC2 (but not the latest SVN) and it is happening there. Let me know if it appears on the xface skin. If not I'll give it a go as well in a couple of days (the skin looks really cool!).

Cheers,
Paul.

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
hi all!

i "solved" this bug by replacing the graphics card. with ATI cards it worked perfectly! no change to fix it with nvidia chips.

greetings!

Mario

MrPaulo

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I went to the xface skin a few days ago and the artifacts have gone. I guess it is a combination of particular nVidia cards and something in the blue two wide skin.

Anyway I'll stick with the xface skin as it works for me.

Cheers,
Paul.

Kiwi

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Pukerua Bay
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
The dreaded video corruption has returned:mad:
MrPaulo
How are you getting on since moving to xface?
What interface is your card - AGP?
How much memory (video card & main) you have?

I played around with AGP apeture settings in a bid to see if this makes any difference and found that at 32M I got video corruption even on normal TV. I have used 64M, 128M and 256M, all work OK with MP, but the dreaded artifacts are there.
No change of driver seems to work (up or down).
I changed to RC3 - no difference

Im thinking of upgrading to a new MB with onboard 7050 and AMD dual core. I'll keep everyting crossed that this will kill the problem. Its weird that this problem doesnt seem to be widespread:confused: When HDTV arrives I'll get a new video card (ATI at this rate!!)

Cheers

MrPaulo

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Kiwi,

No I have not seen the artifacts on the tv guide since moving to the xface skin.

My video card is an Asus 7300GS (PCIx16). I know a lot of others with similar nVidia card (7300GTs etc) and they have no problems, but they are gigabyte cards and not Asus. So I had suspected that it was the Asus version of my card that was the problem as I couldn't find any other reason... However I have just got my hands on an Asus 7600GT for another HTPC! Strange how these things happen... :)

I did see the artifacts once on another page with the xface skin.But I don't use that page much so it didn't worry me... but so far nothing has appeared on the tv guide screen (after extensive use).

Cheers,
Paul.

MrPaulo

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Kiwi,

Just setup a new HTPC (7600GT Asus card) and the artifacts are there in both the Blue Two Wide and xface skin :(.

Cheers,
Paul.

MrPaulo

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All,

A bizarre update on these... I hadn't seen PDs suggestion here, but the artifcats did disappear for me shortly after posting the last reply (on the Blue Two wide skin) and I had been running artifact free for a couple of weeks. Not sure if I did anything to make them go away though. Yesterday I updated my hauppauge drivers, and straight away they returned (they only appear when the tv is playing in the tv guide). So I reverted to the previous hauppauge drivers, and the artifcats disappeared. So... thinking I was onto something, I upgraded again to the latest drivers, to see if it was a driver issue and to see if they would reappear... The really weird thing was that the artifacts didn't return?? So, I wasn't doing anything else at the time, and there is no guarantee here, but Kiwi - if you still see them, you could try re-installing the hauppauge drivers??? Anyway, might be worth a shot if nothing else has worked.

I'll keep an eye out, and if they do return I'll try the anti-aliasing setting suggested by PD as well.

Cheers,
Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom