Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Deda

This is not your problem, but using the latest MP beta, installed fanarthander with video support enabled, so plugins installed before any configuring of main MP component done.

Scan files, all went pretty well, 6 out of 354 not found, so no complaints there as found on manual scan, now the but, no fanart would show up until fanarthandler config was entered and saved again.

Believe this to be a fanarthandler issue more than myvideos, but I thought I should let you know, just in case someone else reports the same issue.

Cheers

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    hello,
    using latest version from master branch from today ive never really used the inbuilt videos function as normally use moving pics but thought i would see how this has moved a long :)
    I have found an issue in videos if i click on a film which i have set to then show info, then click on cast and have a look at them, then go to review. on the right where the review is seen i can also see the plot mixed in with the review pic as follows -
    muddled.png

this does this in view by shares or by title, not sure if its a skin issue?
    Also when scraping using the imdb 1.3 en it did quite well but i had a few titles that were not recognised but the one i was worried about was `snow buddies` which the scraper only picked up as `snow` and showed this in my collection incorrectly.

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Just update your scrapers (both database and internal), built in is not recent ones (last update was done on 09.12.2012).

Also you can help scraper with ttnumber in filename or accompany video filename with videofilename.txt or videofilename.nfo (just plain text file, no nfo xml although it can be xml but MP will search inside for tt1234567 pattern) file with that ttnumber inside text.

Also, filename can have release year which will narrow search results to +-1 year , ie.: for "Mymovie (2012)" scraper will search for MyMovie but it will take into consideration only results for movies between 2011-2013 which can dramatically increase direct hit chance (that's the format which I use and almost never have a need to refresh movie info because of wrong result, although this is not a big problem because all can be done in GUI).

Concerning your screenshot, yes it's a Titan bug (not big one) and for media icons (except Rating) are strings (image filenames) returned from Mp mediainfowrapper and they are used also in videplayer fullscreen which are not fetched from videodatabase so all skins should have them inside long time ago (actually from 16.6.2009 mantis #2275), another story is if those image filename strings are not documented anywhere so skinners don't have a clue how media icons image filenames should be :).

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Just update your scrapers (both database and internal), built in is not recent ones (last update was done on 09.12.2012).
    I have updated those today before the scrape was done :)

Also you can help scraper with ttnumber in filename or accompany video filename with videofilename.txt or videofilename.nfo (just plain text file, no nfo xml although it can be xml but MP will search inside for tt1234567 pattern) file with that ttnumber inside text.

Also, filename can have release year which will narrow search results to +-1 year , ie.: for "Mymovie (2012)" scraper will search for MyMovie but it will take into consideration only results for movies between 2011-2013 which can dramatically increase direct hit chance (that's the format which I use and almost never have a need to refresh movie info because of wrong result, although this is not a big problem because all can be done in GUI).

A Bugs Life (1998) - this is how i name my files and i put the tt number in the filename as well like this - Brother Bear II (2006) [tt0465925]. not added any .txt files or anything as thought this was to help make scraping easier and better and simpler.

Concerning your screenshot, yes it's a Titan bug (not big one) and for media icons (except Rating) are strings (image filenames) returned from Mp mediainfowrapper and they are used also in videplayer fullscreen which are not fetched from videodatabase so all skins should have them inside long time ago (actually from 16.6.2009 mantis #2275), another story is if those image filename strings are not documented anywhere so skinners don't have a clue how media icons image filenames should be :).

At least you know its broken.

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Y, filenames like Brother Bear II (2006) [tt0465925]. should have no problem (I hope :)).

For Titan, I can't say anything because on my dev machine I can't use this skin (it's too heavy for it and unusable and if I add fanart handling, dev laptop just die), and on my productive system I'm using 1.3.0A modified version (dunno, I like it very much maybe because I was actively involved in it's birth :) but also on the other hand, it's light, fast and clear)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got a problem with stacking files. Since this is an well proven feature I don't believe in a bug it seems to be me who's doing the msitake here..
    Anyway is there anything that would prevent stacking because it does not work for me with my newly setup my video 1.3 db..
    I have two movie files in one folder named "title cd1.avi" and "title cd2.avi", and in the video tab from mp configuration I chose
    to play all movies inside a folder by name. Is there anything else to take care for?

I may have to add that I had the movie setup not correctly at first because I named the files "title 1.avi" and "title 2.avi". (actually the "renamer" did that..)
    When I realized that, I copied the movie folder for test purpose and scanned this new folder by using the nfo inside.
    Could mp get confused by using the old nfo and won't treat the files as one therefore?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Problem is that "Play all inside folder" plays only 1st file, not 2nd?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Erhhhmmm I'm sorry - the problem is that I am a moron... :oops:
    I haven't used this feature for so long that I forgot how it works.
    I thought when treating multiple video files as one mp would then not ask which part to play first but to play the movie straightaway.
    Instead of this mp will ask which part to play but will also continue with the seceond part when the first part is over.
    Thats the way how it's supposed to work...I simply forgot.

Sorry again...[DOUBLEPOST=1355611104][/DOUBLEPOST]Having this said it turns out that mp will indeed stack files named "title 1.avi" "title 2.avi" I had to learn...

Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But wouldn't that be an logical idea? To skip this question if I want to treat this as one file anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom