MyVideo 1.3.0 Feedback (3 Viewers)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Simply, don't have a clue :), never tried that. Probably, if CD/DVD disk have recorded nfo on Disc root it will pass, export no way :)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi.
    Really like the rework. If HyperlinkParameters will be supported in next version I can completely change from Moving Pictures to MyVideos.
    My biggest dream would be support for TV Series as well. Especially as I'm not really happy with MPTVSeries plugin...

Simply, those Hyperlinks parameters just slipped away in the sea of posts in the internal forum (my bad). I have a patch ready and working, but as this is somehow new (forgotten) (already implemented in Music) feature I doubt that Team will allow it before 1.4.0 :).

About series, currently I can't see the way how they can be properly implemented in MyVideos without turning upside-down a lots of things.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    About series, currently I can't see the way how they can be properly implemented in MyVideos without turning upside-down a lots of things.

Can not say how to program, but how I like to have it as an user.. I add a folder as Source to Plugin. Now I can say "This folder contains Series" or contains Movies or contains MusicVideos or should not be scanned to Database (E.G. own Holiday Videos or something like that) at all... The plugin chooses the proper scrapper (IMDB, TVDB, LastFM,...) and adds the content of this folder to selected group (Movies, TV- Shows, Music Videos) in database. This should be easy to be expanded to other things like Documentary, Adult, Anime, or anything else online databases exist...

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Y, you think in right direction (shares content categories is not a problem to add), default scraper by those categories also (more or less :)), but scraping system is little bit different, for music or movies it's straight forwarded, but series needs some extra filenaming rules, probably more careful folders organization, view menu can be overwhelmed with extra entries related to specific views for series and database view screen code probably is too complex to add series handling (best way will be new screen and skin file with views menu which will show only series views + shares so we can back to main screen if needed).

The biggest problem is old MP code which is not so user friendly when you want to add something which never existed or was never planned to do that's why MP2 approach to media completely different so it can be easily upgraded.

I can't say that this is not manageable and if you have some general idea (lite version of TVSeries support) start a discussion in internal forum so a MP Team can ad their thoughts about this.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, for users want to use NFO only for MovieInfo
    little software for make NFO/Poster/Fanart , without needed DB !
    very simply : Choose folder of movie and scrape IMDB, soft make folder and save NFO directly
    Movie-renamer

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi , one more simple tool to create NFO/Postr/Fanart for movies .
    tinyMediaManager : (http://code.google.com/p/tinymediamanager/ ).
    in time the tool will create MP NFO (to be use with MyVidoes plugin)
    did not have so much time to get into MP part .... but xbmc NFO work fine :)

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Deda,
    An little patch file for replace "Actor as role" hardcoded to translate file in nfo read for sharedview.
    litlle bug "\n" don't work ... -> replaced by "
" and now work.

Attachments

• hardcoded String roles actors.patch
      2.2 KB

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Simply, don't have a clue :), never tried that. Probably, if CD/DVD disk have recorded nfo on Disc root it will pass, export no way :)
    Okay, then I probably try my luck with softlinks ...
    I did not yet have the time to try this. But I had two other ideas on how to solve this:
    1. let the user define an import/export path for at least dvd and blu ray
    2. make use of the filenameandpath-tag for those media

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom