myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

fyyrest0rm

February 26, 2007
Correct. I am using the stable release. Re: muting the mic playback, I've tried both ways and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I know the mic/recognition works because during training it followed along pretty well as I read.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
hmmm...I think someone in this thread mentioned some problems if you're using the skype plugin. Also, is it possible for you to start MP in windowed mode to confirm that it really is muting the mic on you.

fyyrest0rm

February 26, 2007
I remember reading something similar as well, and I checked and am absolutely NOT running anything else remotely similar (no skype, no other voice stuff, etc). I'll give the windowed mode thing a go and see what happens. However, I have a few other problems with it too so may end up just not using it at all if I can't get those figured out (they're biggies for me).

marcinek79

Portal Member
March 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I installed it and must say its awesome! Now i´m trying to figure out how to use wav/mp3 instead of tts as response.
is someone here capeable of explaining what to do?
i really need that "bleep, bluup, affirmative, access denied " and all these startreksounds for my MP
help is really appreciated.

thanx a lot

marcinek79

Portal Member
March 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
ah ok, thought i just wasnt able to get it run. any idea when to expect a new version? looking forward to it

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey all,

I'm looking for a few brave souls who'd be willing to test an alpha version of this.
I have it running on my two machines, but I may not use MP like others, so I wanted to see if there's unforseen problems.

This release is for MP .2.2.0. It has many of the features that have been discussed in this thread. It's now essentially two plugins. myVoiceWindow is a Window Plugin to display/set various items within MP. myVoiceProcess is the process plugin that controls the Voice Recognition.

New features:
-Themes
-Wave snippet playback
-Select music by Genre, song title, artist
-Select TV by station number
-Select Radio by name

Here is an initial stab at a help file to try and hopefully explain a few things. There's a setup walkthrough at the end of the help file that may illustrate better.

To see/hear it in action, I've recorded a quick video of it. Excuse the quality ;)

I didn't include any wave snippets with this as I'm unsure on copyright, so you're on your own in creating your theme.

I haven't tested it at all with SVN, as I plan to deal with that after this version.

Thanks.

Pando

Portal Member
June 28, 2006
Tied up till after the Easter hols but will get on the case soon after . fantastic plugin, keep up the great work all the best Pando

strontium

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
UK
I downloaded your pluin and configured it.
I have used it a few time on my test machine with 0.2.2.0 with no SVN.
It seems to stop responding after a while, in my error log for the last attempt is just 1 entry

"2007-03-30 23:26:34.437500 [ERROR][8]: Command:MediaPortal.TV.Recording.StopRadioCommand failed reason:No tuner cards installed time:31.25 msec"

Is one of the voice commands interfering or do you think there is another problem?
Keep up the great work.

Users who are viewing this thread