myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

Bertuz

Portal Member
June 20, 2007
When I got home, i will post the the myvoice log! I'm working right now:)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
When I got home, i will post the the myvoice log! I'm working right now:)

Thanks for the log file. I notice from the log file that you have channels setup without channel numbers. Are you using the TV features at all? I'm currently at work myself, but I'll take a look at that piece of the code and see if that's what is causing you grief. The other file I'll get you to post is the myVoice.xml from the MP root folder.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Here you are?

I noticed you added a non-existant optional phrase to the activation phrase "Computer". There's some other problem with it as well, but I was unable to figure out what was causing the problem. I'd suggest replacing your myVoiceMap.xml file (located in plugins\process\myVoice\default) with the one that came with the download and just add a response (either wave or TTS) for the activation and de-activation phrases to make sure it works for you. Then start adding the extra info after you confirm that it works.

cedric

Portal Pro
October 28, 2006
Lausanne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
What does + mean?

In the MyVoise process configuration some words start with a + (+computer for exemple). What is this?

Cédric

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
What does + mean?

In the MyVoise process configuration some words start with a + (+computer for exemple). What is this?

It means that the system has to be more sure about the word. It's a relative thing, so you can't add that to everything. I usually just add it to important phrases.

cedric

Portal Pro
October 28, 2006
Lausanne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello booyakasha,

Thank you for the answer.

I like very much your plugin, but maybe you should write a better Help. I know it's borring, but it's help, to have a good documentation.

Just add better help for User, theme, the possible commands (exemple the "+", )

Cédric

:D

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Just add better help for User, theme, the possible commands (exemple the "+", )

If I search the plugin development forums with "plus sign", I get right to the answer...lol
(be sure to check "Show Results as posts" on the search screen)

Maybe this helps:

Commands:
In myVoice config, the items in the General Actions section mimic the Global Actions under "Keys and Sounds" in MP Setup and the voice command is typically the same as the description

Themes:
Allows you to have multiple voice grammar/response profiles. So if I like certain responses, and I speak in a certain way, I can customize the theme, save it, and change to it inside MP (or have as a default). Each theme also has a speech recognition profile (under "Global Settings" in myVoice config) that you created/trained in the speech control panel applet. If my significant other has her own way of speaking to it phrase wise, and she's set up a profile, she can switch to it in the Voice Window Theme button.

Myself, I have an Ali G and a Star Trek theme. Star Trek is basically the default voice setup with a bunch of star trek sounds. Ali G has a more casual phrasing, with appropriate responses.

Basically though, if you have a question, ask. That's what forums are for. I'll take the questions and answers, and put them in a FAQ or whatever later.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can confirm that this plugin works fine with MP v0.2.3.0 RC1 and it is very entertaining. I have had more fun with this plugin than imaginable …:D

I have noticed a few small issues – none of which are really significant, nor fatal:-

1. Changing the user (via the “Switch User” button) in the My Voice screen of MediaPortal does not stick – the file myVoiceMap.xml is not updated. However, changing the user via MediaPortal Setup -> Plugins -> myVoiceProcess -> Global Settings works OK - the file myVoiceMap.xml is correctly updated.

2. The line

<String id="109003" prefix="My ">myVoice</String>

needs to be added to the strings_user.xml file to avoid a non-fatal error message in MediaPortal.log

3. The lines like

<animation>FlyInFromRight</animation>

in the skin file file “myVoiceWindow.xml” should be replaced with

<animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" time="500">WindowClose</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" time="250" start="2000,0">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" time="500" end="0,-1000">WindowClose</animation>

or similar, as the “FlyInFromRight” animation is no longer valid, and generates a non-fatal error message.

4. It would be good if the option in MediaPortal Setup -> Skin -> “Use string prefixes (e.g. TV = My TV)" worked with My Voice, as I would like to remove the appearance of the “My” prefix in the skin menus.

Cheers,

Taipan

Users who are viewing this thread