myVoice Open Beta (2 Viewers)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
1. Changing the user (via the “Switch User” button) in the My Voice screen of MediaPortal does not stick – the file myVoiceMap.xml is not updated. However, changing the user via MediaPortal Setup -> Plugins -> myVoiceProcess -> Global Settings works OK - the file myVoiceMap.xml is correctly updated.

2. The line

<String id="109003" prefix="My ">myVoice</String>

needs to be added to the strings_user.xml file to avoid a non-fatal error message in MediaPortal.log

3. The lines like

<animation>FlyInFromRight</animation>

in the skin file file “myVoiceWindow.xml” should be replaced with

or similar, as the “FlyInFromRight” animation is no longer valid, and generates a non-fatal error message.

4. It would be good if the option in MediaPortal Setup -> Skin -> “Use string prefixes (e.g. TV = My TV)" worked with My Voice, as I would like to remove the appearance of the “My” prefix in the skin menus.
Thanks a lot for the info Taipan, and great to hear you're having fun with it, and finally got it working ;)

1: That's actually by design in the MP interface. My thinking was that if someone wanted to use myVoice temporarily, they wouldn't have to exit MP and change the profile. WFA and all. Must add to docs...lol.

2: What error are you seeing?

3: Thanks for the info. I'll have to try it

4: It was actually on the list prior to release. Seems to keep working its way up...lol

Are your music & TV tags responding ok? If yes, did you spend time cleaning your tags? (I know, kinda personal question and all...;P )...booya

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    1: That's actually by design in the MP interface. My thinking was that if someone wanted to use myVoice temporarily, they wouldn't have to exit MP and change the profile.

Ah, OK - that makes sense now ... :)

2: What error are you seeing?

2007-06-28 12:01:21.703125 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 109003

4: It was actually on the list prior to release. Seems to keep working its way up...lol

Its not critical - just a "nice to have".

Are your music & TV tags responding ok? If yes, did you spend time cleaning your tags?
    Yes, so far - I have been pretty methodical about creating the tags as I ripped my CDs, so that probably helped.

kenbb99

July 7, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great Plugin - A few additions?

I registered for this forum specifically to thank Booyakasha for creating such a great plugin. If possible, I think it would be great to have these additions:

• Ability to play videos by voice command, e.g. "Play video Saving Private Ryan"
    • Get a list of choices if there is more than one matching media file / partial match, e.g. a list box containing "1. Stairway to Heaven, 2. Stairway to My Heart, 3. Love on a Stairway" in response to command "Play song Stairway"
    • Ability to select by list box number, e.g. use command "Select 3" from the above list rather than "Down two select". It might also be handy to have all lists numbered so that you could, for example, say "Select 59" rather than "Page down five down nine select"
    • Check box option in Global Settings to have TTS repeat back the command you've given. I know I can enter a TTS response for each command, but what a lot of work! And then, don't you know, I'd change my mind and have to edit them all again.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If possible, I think it would be great to have these additions:

• Ability to play videos by voice command, e.g. "Play video Saving Private Ryan"
    • Get a list of choices if there is more than one matching media file / partial match, e.g. a list box containing "1. Stairway to Heaven, 2. Stairway to My Heart, 3. Love on a Stairway" in response to command "Play song Stairway"
    • Ability to select by list box number, e.g. use command "Select 3" from the above list rather than "Down two select". It might also be handy to have all lists numbered so that you could, for example, say "Select 59" rather than "Page down five down nine select"
    • Check box option in Global Settings to have TTS repeat back the command you've given. I know I can enter a TTS response for each command, but what a lot of work! And then, don't you know, I'd change my mind and have to edit them all again.

Glad you're enjoying the plugin kenbb99.
    • I looked into that early on in my development of the plugin, but almost all the titles in the db of the movies that I have suck, so I stopped developing it. I'll look what it would take to add it back in. Would you think using the same concepts of music ie: genre, actor etc? Or just keep it to the title?
    • That was on my to-do list. Maybe use "Music Search Stairway" to differentiate it from direct song selection.
    • How about something like "select item three" and it selects the third item, or just "select item" and it selects the current item?
    • Generally, it should be pretty simple to do as you described. I may have some issues on commands with options like the aforementioned "move down five". It may just respond with "move down", but I'll look at it in more detail. Wouldn't you find that annoying after a while though? Or is it more for a debugging tool?

...booya

kenbb99

July 7, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    * I looked into that early on in my development of the plugin, but almost all the titles in the db of the movies that I have suck, so I stopped developing it. I'll look what it would take to add it back in. Would you think using the same concepts of music ie: genre, actor etc? Or just keep it to the title?
    * That was on my to-do list. Maybe use "Music Search Stairway" to differentiate it from direct song selection.
    * How about something like "select item three" and it selects the third item, or just "select item" and it selects the current item?
    * Generally, it should be pretty simple to do as you described. I may have some issues on commands with options like the aforementioned "move down five". It may just respond with "move down", but I'll look at it in more detail. Wouldn't you find that annoying after a while though? Or is it more for a debugging tool?

• Just the title. I track actors, etc. separately and don't have so many videos that I can't remember the title of what I want to see.
    • I've added a command for Select to select the current item. I tried adding NUMBERS for the Select Option, but it didn't work. Which leads to ...
    • As a debugging tool. I've added an "I don't understand" sound file to the False Recognition File Location, but this doesn't always work. Sometimes the system doesn't respond to my commands but doesn't say "I don't understand", and sometimes it ends up in a place I didn't expect.

I feel greedy this morning and would like to make another request. Is it possible to add a check box so that it is not necessary to use the Main Activation word to start issuing commands (i.e. the system is activated on startup)? I use a wireless headset and have set Enter Sleep Timeout to 9999 so that I can issue commands at any time without having to say "Computer". I still have to say "Computer" the first time and usually issue my first command several times before I remember that I have to say "Computer" first.

A small tip for those having trouble getting the computer to recognize their commands: you can change the spelling of command words to more closely match the way you speak. For example, I changed the spelling of "Computer" to "Cumputer" with good success.

Ken

porro

Portal Member
    November 4, 2006
    Sorry...I was wondering if there is (and if anybody's know please tell me how to) the possibility to record macro...for example: I'd like to say "play Iron Maiden music" in home screen and immediatly listen to a playlist of Iron Maiden...
    Is it possible? If yes how?

:D to everyone can help me

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sure. The default saying would be: "Music Artist Iron Maiden". This will load all correctly tagged songs into a temporary playlist. Then you can just say "Skip Next" to skip to the next song. Unfortunately, there are issues navigating the playlist like a normal playlist via the remote, although it does work via voice commands as stated above.

porro

Portal Member
    November 4, 2006
    :D

Bye.

Just to know: is it normal that when I activate this plugin saying "computer" sound card reply with "bla bla bla" (or similar)?
    The same thing happens with "computer stop listening", in this case the answer is "bla".

Is there the possibility to replace this "bla bla bla" with a personal .wav?

(In My voice setup I changed the sentence to read when activating but without good results. My windows version is in Italian just if it counts)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The blah blah blah is what you get if you download a sample of a commercial voice.
    The samples only say certain words and you have to pay big $$$ if you want the type of human voice quality you get when calling phone companies etc.

You can use a wave response. Instructions on how to set this up are in the help file.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I apologize for not getting this out there sooner, but I've been involved with a big project at work.
    I've completed an update to this plugin. These enhancements are mainly from various posts throughout this thread and some suggestions via pm. Changes are as follows:

Removed "Global Settings" from treeview and added it's own tab.
    Added TTS Debug feature
    Added various mp3 parsing parameters.
    Added optional loads for each media module.
    Fixed music artists/genres not adding to a playlist you can control with the remote.

I tried to deal with some of the more pressing features for usability, or one's that were easiest to implement (TTS Debug for example). If this works ok with various tags, I'll expand it to include movie/series lookups next.

As always, enjoy, and let me know what issues you have.

Users who are viewing this thread