myVoice Open Beta (3 Viewers)

Alerobban

September 12, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Tested to install MP on my laptop and got the same error :mad: .

Installed Release Candidate V0.2.3.0 RC2 and myVoice.mpi.

I can´t see that I´m doing anything wrong, but maybe I´m just stupid.....

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Alerobban: Unfortunately I haven't been able to test it against 0.2.3.0rc2. I'm away from home right now, so I can't really look into it in any sort of depth, but if anybody else is having the same problem, please let me know, as I'll get on it when I get back hopefully on the weekend. Also, please try to attach both log files (mediaportal.log and myvoice.log) to the post instead of copy/pasting it to the body, as it requires less space on the forums for people to scroll through.

thx...booya...

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Maybe a stupid question but how do I configure? Not from the plugin screen ?

In mediaportal i also dont see a picture for this plugin.

Ok i found a help found in the non mpi version. I guess the help files explains why :)
Maybe thats a problem for new user that use the mpi.

Hmm still nu response. When i say computer, do i supose to hear a sound ?

15-9-2007 1:38:37 - myVoice engine started
15-9-2007 1:38:37 - Loaded 0 Songs
15-9-2007 1:38:37 - Loaded 0 genres
15-9-2007 1:38:37 - Loaded 0 Artist
15-9-2007 1:38:37 - Loaded 0 Radio Stations
15-9-2007 1:38:37 - Loaded 0 TV Channels
15-9-2007 1:38:37 - Load XML: 00:00:00.0625000
15-9-2007 1:38:37 - Waiting for command
15-9-2007 1:38:37 - Starting process via start

//enabled myVoiceProcess plugin. still no luck
//mic mute enabled
//I can train my profile. It goes whell. Tryd with a webcam and a headset mic
//problem I dont see the any graphic of the plugin in the mediaportal menu
//stil not working

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yodar: There is a help file in the MPI version as well. It's in the plugins/process folder and is called myvoice.chm

The plugin won't respond with any sound by default. You set it up in MP Config -> plugin -> process and go to the config. Read the help file on how to add sounds or TTS responses to it. Based on your log file, you're only going to be able to use it for basic navigation, ie: move up, move down, my music, etc. I'm not sure why you're not able to see the window plugin part of it though. What version of MP are you using? I haven't tested against the latest release candidate, but hope to this weekend.

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thx for the reply

MediaPortal-svn--09-10-2007--01-02-Rev15824.exe is the svn i used.
The installation of the mpi went without problems.

Ill try later today to add sound.
But log files seems ok right?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yodar: Your log doesn't indicate any sort of error, so it looks like the engine starts ok. Like I said though, you'll only be able to use it for basic navigation at this point

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok thx for the info,

Currently im testing this plugin on my regular pc.
When that works Ill start installing it on one of my htpc.

I hope my english is good enough :) the possibilities are great :)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yodar: You can try changing the spellings if you're having problems with it responding. Also I confirmed that you don't see the text for the window plugin. I'll look into that

Alerobban: confirmed that it works on the latest RC. Make sure you've met the prerequisites

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
added wavs. It never plays te error wav no matter what i say. It only once responded to computer.

In this simple dictation window of the speech engine i get much wrong text too.
While reading the examples/ training goes almost flawless.

With both mikes.

I will hopefully try this plugin on a other computer tommorow. And sees what happens there

ok, its working now, move up and exit works. Still not perfect yet but that is prolly my fault :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I am in Buenos Aires at the moment. I was working with someone here and showed them the MS Speech engine.
    hey have a very stronh Spanish accent and their success with the speech engine was ok in training (where the PC kind of knows what to expect) but not too gooed elsewhere.

It's been said towards the beginning of the thread that the engine only works with English. I think it should be elaborated that it only really works well with English without any foreign accents in the way.
    To test the speech engine outside of the MP voice plugin, follow the steps at the end of this link http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/moskowitz_02september23.mspx to enable speech input in MS Notepad then you can test the accuracy there. If it is not too good here then there is nothing that booyakasha can do to improve it, I'm afraid.

fred, is it possible to have a voice command that changes the user profile? IE, Alice, switch voice input - Sean
    to switch to the voice profile of Sean?
    These are just ideas that may make her seem more intelligent than she is. Not much more than party gimmicks, but if it's something that isn't too hard to code it could be an idea?

Cheers,

Marcus.

Users who are viewing this thread