myVoice Open Beta (2 Viewers)

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I dont think so booyakasha. Because I would not want to use it for all my commands.

Example, when watching pictures I want it to be activated for verry long.
But I also have many commands which I only would like to use once, without the possibilty to get interupted by other commands. (think of playback of wav files), or new commands that will be executed by random voices of visitors.

ooh btw, something else. I think there might be a problem too. With my radio, my internet streams (asx) are not loaded. (the asf files which are in the specified folder). Maybe this is not possible?

Also, i must say again. Iam verry happy with this plugin, It works great. So whatever you deceide to improve, I am verry happy with it. Even if you would stop, the plugin is so damm great allready. So I dont hope you see my ideas as whining, and me not being happy!

RaDiKal

Portal Pro
October 2, 2006
Central New York State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think being able to flag certain commands as 'one-shot' would be useful. You've already heard some examples where either a 'one-shot' flag or a short timeout would work. I tried setting the timeout to a short interval to get that effect but then found I was losing the computer when I would try to queue up music. I would get to 'genre' and pause to get the right word and it would time out on me. The command enqueuing sequence is a chain of words that have to be executed both correctly and fast enough that the computer doesn't give up on interpreting it.

Perhaps the real fix for my issue is to allow incremental commands to take you progressively closer to the result. So, for example, saying Music, Genre would switch to the Genre view and then accept Rock to select that genre and open it. Then accept Pink Floyd to open that, etc. I suppose I should go home tonight and see if it already does this :)

bruddha

June 5, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
This would be exatly what i want. sequential commands, or just accept what aou see on the screen - except of a few standard commands like "back", "my music", "down", etc.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Good idea about the "one shot" command. I think I can simulate that fairly easily by doing what RaDiKal suggests with a flag. Basically you'd call out the command and it would time-out automatically. In that case, I'd think I wouldn't use the de-activation phrase response.

Yodar: I haven't actually tried the radio stuff in quite a while. I'll set up some streams and let you know. Maybe things changed, or I missed something.

Sequential commands, and allowing you to voice navigate from what you see on the screen (genres, artists, etc):
This has been a problem for me from the start. Those are dialog boxes, and processing passes to the dialog, so I can't get any info of what's displayed like I do with normal windows. I also think this would be the more natural way to navigate. I'll take another try at it when things slow down for me at work, but I'm unsure as to whether MP will allow me to do that.

Yodar: constructive criticism like everyone here is giving is no problem at all. It hashes out ideas and improves the experience for all. Many times I've already thought of what is being said, but it re-enforces the idea and its plausibility.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Does this plugin have the ability to respond to claps? For example, can i set it up so one clap is play, and two claps is pause etc?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Does this plugin have the ability to respond to claps? For example, can i set it up so one clap is play, and two claps is pause etc?

lol...I have pictures of that clapper commercial from years ago dancing in my head now...thanks. To answer your question simply, no. Although I've never even thought of it. I'll poke around in the speech API if it has the ability to respond to something like that, but I'd be surprised.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa

lol...I have pictures of that clapper commercial from years ago dancing in my head now...thanks. To answer your question simply, no. Although I've never even thought of it. I'll poke around in the speech API if it has the ability to respond to something like that, but I'd be surprised.

Lol. Hope that you get that advert out of your head :) Yeah, i just figured clapper would be something that would work for anyone, without having to voice train every time :)

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
A have a question about how the plugin imports music information??

My mysic section is a bit messed up so i want to proper rename all files etc. for example: In what format should i rename ?

01 - Artist - Song?

//edit, Ok. I guess it takes the information from the ID3V2 tag ?

RaDiKal

Portal Pro
October 2, 2006
Central New York State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The automatic volume adjustment seems to be working well -- it changes when the voice interface is activated and returns when the 'ignore' command is given. However, I've noticed two things with it.

First, the volume adjustment in the config seems to me to be backwards. I guess the intent was left is minimum change and right is maximum change. However, I expected the setting to be the absolute volume when activiated -- which would be silence (mute) on far left and no change in volume on far right.

Second, after the computer 'times out' and stops listening, the volume does not return. I could be mistaken here and need to try it a few more times to be sure.

I also noticed that if MP is running and I put the computer to sleep (S3 sleep) and then re-awaken my HTPC, while MP returns with music myVoice is dead -- i.e. I can't get it to respond. I need to exit and reenter MP to get myVoice working again.

MP 0.2.3.0 RC2 SVN 15813

Users who are viewing this thread