myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yodar: Attached is a version which addresses the volume issue. The volume will raise to the normal volume to say its response, and then lower back to the setting in the config. It's now absolute volume in the reduction with the current volume below. The radio should be fixed as well

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Thanks for your update, but it seems something went wrong?
Or I'am doing something wrong :)

Beceasue chaning the slider does not have any impact at all. I tried Max and Min but no diffrence, whats the second slider bar btw?
A compasation thingie? so he checks the volume setting and alter the tts/wav sounds to always stay the same?

Also no luck yet for me on the radio part, this is my log.

10-10-2007 16:53:55 - myVoice engine started
10-10-2007 16:53:55 - Loaded 0 Songs
10-10-2007 16:53:55 - Loaded 0 genres
10-10-2007 16:53:56 - Loaded 0 Artist
10-10-2007 16:53:56 - Loaded 1 Radio Stations
10-10-2007 16:53:56 - Loaded 0 TV Channels
10-10-2007 16:53:56 - Load XML: 00:00:00.0468750
10-10-2007 16:53:56 - Waiting for command
10-10-2007 16:53:56 - Starting process via start

I have 1 .pls radio station and 7 .asx stations imported with the browse folder option. The browse folder option still does not seem to work yet.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yodar: The radio streams will play if you say "Radio station " and whatever the name of the station is. I'll have to look at the browse folder option.
The second slider is the current volume and is only for reference. The first slider sets the volume level when you activate the speech engine. To really notice what's going on, play some music, activate the plugin, and you should hear it reduce in volume. If you then issue a command that you have a wave or TTS response set up for, it'll briefly increase the volume, play back the response, and then lower it again.

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
yup, but that does not seems to happen. The music in the background does not seems to change. The volume is the same all the time. Setting to min or max makes no difference.

It did work on the previous release you posted.

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
At first I did. So installed them again, the "proper way". No differance though.
But I did notice something.

When I start a song and activate the voice engine nothing happens as described before.
But when adjust volume up or down manualy it starts to work.

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi there, love this plugin, surely the future of controlling devices lies somewhere within this sort idea.

To get it to work i had to go back to the basic RC2 version as the latest svn throws up an error as you have already discussed.

I did notice that my radio and TV channels were not being picked up by this plugin, was that because i use the TV3 engine? My HTPC is both client and server.

Unfortunately i've had to upgrade to a SVN from the 27/09/07 as there were some issues with Purevideo and 5.1 sound with the earlier versions of RC2.

Do you intend to get this to work with the latest versions and is my experience with the radio and tv channels expected.

Again thank you so much for your work

Cheers
m

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey,

I found a little bug maybe with your latest release you gave me.
It seems that the standard tts response dont work anymore.
"What is today" and "what time is it". It says "todat is" and than it ends. Not big problem since i never use it.
//edit, it works again with another TTS voice.

Also, I was wondering something.
I like to play some music albums alot. Only it starts always with the same song.
Is there a way to get the songs in a random order? Or has it to be done from the music options in MP?

Btw, Ive tested the the release alot now and I am quit happy with it.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
mdsflyer: Glad you're liking the plugin. To answer your questions, I'm not sure if it works with the tv3 engine. I've never actually tried that setup before. It's actually been a while since I last tested the tv part of it, but I assume it works, as no one has mentioned anything. Does it work ok for the music with the client/server setup?

Yodar: I'll add an option to the config to deal with the random-ness factor for artists, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread