myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I never got it to work with TV, but then I only tested a few times. Looking back it probably was the fact that I use the TV engine 3. I guess it's a totally different database now where all the channels are kept.

I can't test it at the moment, since I too am on newer SVN's. I really miss being able to talk to "Alice" and am eagerly looking forward to a version that supports the new music databse changes. Then again I do realise how difficult it is to support SVN versions and RC versions at the same time and understand if you decide to only update when the new RC comes out.

For Yodar's other question about the date not working, have you implemented the variables that were dicuseed a while ago? This would explain what he reports.

Cheers,

Marcus.

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the reply, it doesnt appear to recognise the Radio stations or TV channels of TVengine3 at all, presumably for the reason Marcusb has noted. With some tweaking of the commands i got the recorded tv section useable but it was clunky. It did play the radio stations when i didn't have the client plugin installed so the reason must lie in there somehow.

Music worked great when i used the "music artist ........" command but i couldnt get "play music . . . " to work.

I'm afraid i couldn't go back from TVengine3 now as the extras it affords far outway that of the previous engine but you can be sure that if another version of Myvoice is released i'll be right back into it.

Cheers
    m

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The first post contains the 0.2.0.5 release of myVoice. This fixes compatibility issues with it and the new music database format contained in MP 0.2.3.0 RC3. Although not tested with prior SVN's (starting from the database change) I'm hoping that this deals with those as well. I'm still not sure on the client/server part, as I didn't have a chance to set that up. Also, if anybody uses it for TV, and has any problems, let me know (PM works). I'm currently not using any TV capture in my system, so I'm unable to test this functionality easily.

Changelog:

-Fixed music genre, artist etc to reflect new MP music database structure (0.2.3.0 RC3)
    -Added Playback Volume Adjustment option that allows you to set the volume when the plugin is active
    -Added detailed logging flag (currently just working with volume adjustments).
    -Fixed Radio playback
    -Fixed the window plugin part that was missing the label for the control, as well as the 'My' extension. You have to enter the process configuration once for this to work properly, although you don't have to select anything.
    -Changed genre/artist playback to shuffle the playback.

As always, make a backup of related files (list is in the help), especially your default theme if you've made changes.

Machismo

Portal Member
    July 23, 2006
    LA
    Home Country
    Error when configuring process plugin

Hi,

Im getting an unhandled exception error when trying to access the configuration of the process plugin.

I am running a fresh install of MP 0.2.3.0 RC3.

I have attached the error log.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm not 100% sure why that happened, as it didn't during my testing, but I did indeed confirm that it was a problem when trying it just now. I made a few adjustments, and have attached the primary dll's. I'll update the packages after confirmation that it works ok.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    First post contains links to the fixed versions.

Yodar: no problem. There isn't an option for it, it'll just do it automatically. I figured it makes more sense that way. If people want the shuffle to be optional, let me know and I'll add it.

Users who are viewing this thread