MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Haifa
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    problem solved

Hi

just wanted to let you know that the problem solved its now back working.

thanks very much for your support.

pickard

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    pickard: Good to hear it's working ok for you now.

savaino: A couple of things to check/try:

1. In the myVoice config, check to make sure that your correct voice profile is being used. The default one is called "default", and that's what it's set to out of the box, but if you've created a new one, and trained that one, you must set myVoice to deal with that.

2. Try adding either a TTS response or wave snippet response in the configuration for the Main Activation phrase. When it successfully recognizes the phrase, it'll respond back the chosen method(s), so you know the system is active. I'd also add a de-activation response as well.

3. Try changing the activation phrase. Instead of "Computer", change it to "Cumputer".

4. TTS debug will give you a TTS response of what it think it heard. It's kind of all over the map though.

Also, if you don't have the music info, you can try commands like "move up", "my pictures", etc.

Hopefully that helps

booya...

Yodar

Portal Member
    February 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it has been a while since my last posts. But know I have a few question again.
    Since I use this plugin everyday I notice a lot of things.

1) Sometimes a command gets triggered and i get the error msg "tv-card has not been installed". I guess this has to do with the old tv engine which I dont use. From this point no voice commands are any longer accepted. I have to exit the msg by remote. Any idea whats the problem?

2) radio station does only work for one radio station which I once added for the inbuild radio plugin. I dont use it anymore I know use the radiostations from the TV-Server.

3) Sometimes you get question which can be answered by selecting YES or NO like: start movie from 1.15.30s?.
    Would be cool if we can say YES or NO to select. Instead of "move left" "select item"

4) When you give a command than first the sound file is played before the command is executed.
    Example, when I turn on my lights by saying "main lights on" I first hear my selected switch sound and than the bat file which turns my lights on is executed. Maybe could this work the other way arround? First execute and than play sound? Also playing sounds file seems to halt mediaportal?
    When I for example play Tetris with voice than the game get paused during the length of sound.

Also some things looks like they dont work anymore. Music artist works great, but music song?. Next song also does not seem to work but it never did for me. Maybe my english is too bad or I alterted the commands too bad.

Greetz yod, and offcourse I am still verry happy with this plugin!!

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yodar:
    In general, I'm not sure what works or doesn't from a MP Client/Server type setup, as I've never set it up, but here are a few things:

1) Try clicking off the loading of the TV stations if you're not using it. It'll ignore the commands then.
    2) Same as above except for radio
    3) This is a global problem for me. Once control has passed to a dialog box, only the navigation will work.
    4) I think the switching the order of operations is do-able. I can make it as an option depending on feedback. As for the second part of that, I'm just using the internal MP sound player, so it has whatever limitations that may have. Do you need sound response on the commands you use for Tetris?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    hi Yodar.

For number 1) I always recomend removing any phrases for any plugins that you don't use. I would also remove any modules to do with the TV recorder that you don't use as well.

3) yep, I also think this would be a good idea. Possibly also to respond "OK" with ok dialog boxes.

Booyakasha, I was reading about Vista and aparently Vista ships with speech enginve v8 (the best you can get on XP is v6). Has anyone tried this with Vista? Do you see any issues?

Cheers,
    Marcus.

heheh, it took me a while to realise I hadn't hit submit, then you beat me to it. I remember you told me about q3, but I forgot that bit.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Marcusb: lol...I saw you on the thread and I thought I'd wait in case you posted, but I was running out of time.
    I'd like to know how it works with Vista as well. I think the Vista speech engine supports more languages ( U.S. English, U.K. English, traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, Japanese, German, French and Spanish), so it should work better for more users here. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it), I won't be getting a Vista machine until after SP1 is released, possibly in the spring, depending how things go.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I have a Vista disk at work I may experiment with.
    I'm particulalry anti-vista until SP1 as well, but think I may buy a new HDD and use it to install Vista on my HTCP. I've heard that the EVR is much better than VMR9 and with the newer voice engine I think it's worth a try. The reason for buing a new hard drive is so if it all fails I can simply replace the drive and be back with my happy XPerience.

Probably I will do this over January some time and report back the results.

Yodar

Portal Member
    February 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thx for the reply.

About the tetris, I just played it for fun the other day and noticed is paused during a voice command. Move left has a funky wav file attached. Just something I noticed, not really important.

Changeing order of execute, play sound would be a bit better for me I think but not really really important.

Dont really understand your comment about point 2 :) Just wanted to point out that it seems that it does not work with the current TV server radio stations. Hoped for confirmation on that subject. Hope it will work in the futere.
    Music artist and Radio station are the command I use alot.

dettrittus

December 20, 2007
    Hi,

First, thank you for all the effort you've put in this great plug in.

I managed to get it working once but after since a few weeks it's not working anymore. I can give one command, an then it stops responding. I tried on xp and vista with 0.2.3.0 RC3 and 0.2.3.0 and I have the same problem.

I'll send some logs when I get home tonight.

Another point: It would be great if you set up SVN. There are a few things I have in mind and I would like to share any improvements with everyone. Also I would not want to make changes and lose it after each update. I think there is a great potential in this plug in !

Thank you.

dettrittus

December 20, 2007
    i reinstalled MyVoice, still have the same problem.

When I activate TTS debug and Say computer, it goes : false computer false computer false computer for 5-20 seconds and then nothing responds unless I restart MP.

I activated detailed login but its still unchecked when I return. Here's the log, i put it here since it s so short:

12/21/2007 2:59:30 PM - myVoice engine started
    12/21/2007 2:59:30 PM - Current Volume step: 10
    12/21/2007 2:59:41 PM - Loaded 2831 Songs
    12/21/2007 2:59:41 PM - Loaded 30 genres
    12/21/2007 2:59:41 PM - Loaded 105 Artist
    12/21/2007 2:59:41 PM - Loaded 0 Radio Stations
    12/21/2007 2:59:41 PM - Loaded 0 TV Channels
    12/21/2007 2:59:43 PM - Load XML: 00:00:01.6718750
    12/21/2007 2:59:44 PM - Waiting for command
    12/21/2007 2:59:44 PM - Starting process
    12/21/2007 3:00:50 PM - Stopping process

Users who are viewing this thread