myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
dettrittus: Based on your log, there's nothing obviously wrong with the startup. Instead of enabling the TTS Debug (needs work), I usually put a wave snipet response to the main activation phrase (computer) and main de-activation phrase. I notice sometimes that when you say the main activation phrase, it immediately de-activates itself, which if you don't have these set, you'll never know. You may also want to try and change the main activation/deactivation phrase. Also, make sure that the voice profile selected in myVoice match the one you trained in the control panel applet.
The detailed logging option doesn't really do much right now anyways. It just lists the volume changes the system is making. It's a WIP.

marcinek79

Portal Member
March 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
well it worked great on xp....
this stupid vista makes me sick.. i have a german version of vista, so the voice recognition is for german only..
well i thought i´d just change the words in myvocekonfig to german phrases, but hey.. the stupid vista voice reckognition window always is open and it kills my patience, cause not even that it understands just little, it has access to various commands in windows, so if it does not understand a command, it just opens the browser to a ridiculous site or starts a search onmy harddrve or whatsoever.. is there a way to kill that builtin voice reckognition and use another, better one? (english, plllzzzzz in english).....
is there anyone else who tried to run it with vista? gimme a hand here.. i kind of miss my features..

MarrsAttax

January 11, 2008
Hi,
It seems I cannot get this plugin to work. I installed the speech engine 5.1 and succesfully trained it.
THe plugin is enabled but MP does not reposnd to any command. Here's a snipped of the log file:
07-12-02 13:36:01.359375 [Info.][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoiceProcess exception:confused:ystem.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'SQLite.NET.SQLiteResultSet MediaPortal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.DirectExecute(System.String)'.
at MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoice.GetMusicSongs()
at MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoice.LoadMPDB()
at MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoice.Start()
at MediaPortal.myVoice.myVoiceProcess.Start()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

Any idea ? I'm using latest MP and Xface skin (I copied the myVoiceWindow.xml into the Xface skin directory)
Thanks!

Hi booyakasha, I also get this error when I have the various load options selected in the configuration. I do have music in my database (quite a lot) although I think there are a probably a lot of missing tags which may be causing the error?

Do you know what specifically causes the error? Am I right to assume that it is because of an empty resultset? ie no songs being returned?

I have to admit I've never really got to grips with the music database, I generally just view by Shares and sort by file, I don't tend to use the Genre/Album side of things. However, it would be really cool to get this working. So I can tell the computer to play a specific album, for example.

Could it be the incomplete tags in my music files that cause this problem? If so I'd be grateful for advice from anyone in how to correct my tags - I have a lot of files and don't relish having to fix them manually one by one.

Thanks

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
MarrsAttax: If you turn off the music song option, does it work? The current version of this plugin won't work with album title (although the upcoming one will). Also, what version of MP are you using?
At second glance of the problem, I'm wondering if there isn't something else happening (based on the MissingMethodException). As for the tag corrections, there was a great thread on that in these forums somewhere, mentioning quite a few tools people use.

MarrsAttax

January 11, 2008
Thanks for the quick reply :)

Turning off the song option gets rid of the error! I still can't get it to play anything by saying 'music genre xxxxx' though. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any tips?

I'm using version 0.2.3.0 of MP.

I will email you my database in case anything leaps out at you. In the meantime I've downloaded MusicBrainz Picard and ClassicTagger and have started tagging my files. I'll post here if this makes any difference.

Forgot to say in my first post what a great plugin this is. I've combined it with the LCARS theme and now have my very own Trek computer :D

Thanks

MarrsAttax

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for the quick reply :)

Turning off the song option gets rid of the error! I still can't get it to play anything by saying 'music genre xxxxx' though. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any tips?

You could try to change the line in something more easy. Like "play test xxxxxxx". If it works the problem prolly is not reconising 'music genre" correctly. Else there might be a bigger problem.
Have you checked allready if the genre shows up correctly in the dictonary?

SwingSultan

Portal Pro
July 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
greetings,

i also have problems getting myvoice working. i have copied the files from the package into the media portal folders according to the included faq. i also installed the ms speech regognition sdk. here might be the problem. 2 of the packages contained msm files wich im unable to install. thanks to google i learned that those are also installers but i cant open them. that might explain why there is no configuration menue in the media portal configuration tool. the settings for myvoice are located there arent they? the faq shows a graet variety of the myvoice submenues but not where to find them. so i keep on wondering weather i screwed up copying the plug in, installing the recognition sdk or im simply too stupid to find the submenue for myvoice.

btw is there a source for the star trek plug in for myvoice?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
SwingSultan: Not being able to install the speech sdk sounds a little strange to me. Did you download the SpeechSDK51.exe file (68 MB)? When you run that, you'll get10 files, none of them msm's. Run the setup.exe

If the plugin itself is installed correctly, when you go to MP Configuration/Plugins you'll see a myVoiceProcess icon under the process plugins. Right click that, and go to configuration (you'll probably have to enable it first).

There's also a MPI version of myVoice that puts the files in the correct locations.

I'm not sure what you mean for a star trek plugin for myvoice. I've been trying to get an opinion as to whether I can legally release a star trek theme for myvoice, but haven't heard anything. You can create one for yourself though by acquiring various star trek sounds on the internet and using those as responses to various voice commands.

SwingSultan

Portal Pro
July 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
well thats what i ment with me being too stupid. ive checked everything except if the process plug in was enabled. since ive senn that the window plug in was enabled i assumend that this was everything there is to do.

thanks for the help and great job on that plug in. i always wanted voice commands on my pc since i was 8.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
SwingSultan: lol...it is a kind of strange plugin in that there's two parts to it. The window part is really just for command reference and for switching voice profiles and themes while in MP. Note that it doesn't permanently change them though. You'd still have to go in the config to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread