myVoice Open Beta (2 Viewers)

Robie

August 28, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I´ve a rookie on Mediaportal so far but your plugin made this application even more interesting!

I love the idéa by using your voice to control the computer because controllers get too annoying sometimes and with vista it will problably get even better. :D

So keep up the good work!

Thumbs up!

/Robie

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    excellent. I'll download and test shortly.

I've been waiting for this, so a big thanks for making my favourite plugin work with my least favourite operating system :)

rock007

August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    I am a newbie to media portal and I am fascinated by the idea of your plugin. I have a problem installing it though. I don't know where to place the source files. As a matter of fact I can't find any help on installing plugins. I even went to try to install using the installer but that looks like french to me and againg I can't find any docs on it. So help help!!! I am running MC 1.0.0.0. RC1

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    rock007: I'm not sure what OS you're trying to install myVoice on, but the general instructions for installing it on a non-Vista Windows OS are in the first post of this forum thread. As for installing plugins, MP Installer can be used for the MPI versions of the plugins. You'll find it under Start->Program Files->Team Mediaportal->MediaPortal->MediaPortal Plugins-Skins Installer. Just select Install Extension, select the downloaded plugin, and let it install.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hey there, I tried out the vista version but have a problem.
    I don't have the logs with me, so will check back and upload them when I'm at home.
    They did mention something about an exception.

One other thing I noticed now though is that the plugin refreshes all the songs when resuming from hibernate.
    The problem with that is that I have a lot of songs (although not as many as some) and this means that every time I wake the HTPC up to use it, the resume process takes around three minutes before the MP screen comes up. Is it possible to not update the database when resuming?

Cheers,
    Marcus.

Edit, uploaded log file.

rock007

August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for your response....I am runnig XP. I installed the pluging using the mpi file and created the log folder. Now when MP starts it sticks at loading plugins. I am using a 16:9 screen.....is your plugin configured for this skin size?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Marcus: Thanks for the log file. What I would try would be to turn off the loading of the songs, genres, etc, in the setup to see if just basic navigation works, and then adding a load option until it breaks. You may want to check off the various parsing, as I'm thinking that's taking the time. Also, if you get a chance could you pm me your music db. I don't have that many songs so it helps to have something that size for testing. The reason I reload on resume is that I found when it resumed from hibernate, it would lose all the voice functionality. Haven't tried with Vista though.

rock007: Can you post your myVoice.log file? It's in the log folder you created. The plugin has a window component but it's not really integral to the operation of it. If you want to access it, check the Mediaportal program folder under skins\BlueTwo and there should be a myVoiceWindow.xml file. You can copy that to your skin\BlueTwo wide folder. It's a little buggy for me though, as I haven't really looked at that section in a while.

roel_hendr

January 5, 2008
    Hi, I see that you implemented this plugin for Vista UK. Is it already stable enough to use? Or are you stil busy with it?

When do you expect it to be stable?

I really want to use this plugin, but I need it for Vista UK, Thanks !!!

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    roel_hendr: I don't have Vista running on my production machine as its XP, but the code of the Vista version of the plugin is similar to the xp version, so should be as stable, apart from the problems mentioned. I'm not actually doing any work on it at the moment until I receive some more feedback, so go ahead and try it. If you have any problem, you can either post on this thread or PM me.

ivanjong

Portal Member
    March 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Malaysia Malaysia
    hi, i just tried the latest myvoice for vista on vista and theres nothing on the theme and phrases part in the mediaportal configuration plugin config. When i install the xp version i can see those commands but the voice command doesn't work. In the vista version do i still need to install the speech engine or can i use the one built into my vista ultimate ? it's a microsoft speech recognizer 8.0. thank for any help and thanks for putting in so much work to support an OS u're not using. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread