myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Great.
So you have trained the Microsoft Speach and that part works ok at the OS level - correct?

The next step is to look at the My Voice settings in MP.
How it works is one voice command activates the listening.
I configured the response to say "i'm listening".
That way I know when it is activated. If it is not activated then it will not accept any mic inputs.
Then you can speak commands it will will listen - e.g. try saying "What is the time?" or something like that and it will respond. I think there is a date phrase too.
I also could control the menu and TV channels verbally.
Note that My Voice automatically stops listening after x seconds. I configured mine to say "i'm sleeping" when it de-activated.
It would be nice if it displayed an ear on the screen to show it is activated.
I now have a wireless headset so perhaps I will try My Voice again. If I can tolerate the 20 min Voice training.

It was pretty cool when it worked. But I found it just easier to use the remote. For me it is a cool toy.
The problem I had was that it would activate erronously when it heard ambient noises. Then it would run wild with the controls when it heard noises.
I tried making the activate phrase long but then it was nearly impossible for it to recognise the speach.
At that point I gave up figuring that a wireless mic would be required for optimal recognition.

jazzor

Portal Member
October 8, 2006
Great.
So you have trained the Microsoft Speach and that part works ok at the OS level - correct?
The next step is to look at the My Voice settings in MP.
How it works is one voice command activates the listening.

Yes, I trained the Ms Vista Speech thing a lot ;-)
And I took a loolkat the activation and deactivation phrase in the myvoice config. But its simply not recognizing my voice or not using the ms speech thing properly.
I think, there's a problem with my german version of vista or the grammar the myvoice plugin tries to load.
But I do not know how to solve this problem. So big thx, if anybody got an idea. :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    The speech engine in vista is different to the one that XP uses.
    The last version of MyVoice that Chris released was for the Vista engine. I tried it, but I think there were problems with it. Chris didn't have a Vista installation, so couldn't test it properly, then he gave up the plug in.
    Are you trying with the Vista version? You'll find it as the last one in this thread I think.

jazzor

Portal Member
    October 8, 2006
    Yes, i tried using the vista-version.
    It seems to me from the error-message that there are problems with different paths caused by newer mp-versions or languages.

vecnar

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I just want to say that this plugin is great but can't get it working with windows 7 speech engine. Is there any developers willing to work on this as i think with windows 7 speech engine more and more people will be interested in this plugin?

vecnar

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi,
    I managed to setup myvoice on xp running MP v1.0.0, i am using tv server. The question i have is how to import channels into myvoice as it does import my music and i can see it in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\myvoice.xml file?

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    It does not work on Vista and neither with windows 7 as far as i know (they both share the same speech recognition anyways).

BUT

The vista speech engine is well capable of controlling mediaportal itself - at least since the release of WSR macros [ Windows Speech Recognition Macros - Home ].

I'm currently busy building a set of macros to control mediaportal. Basically every ACTION or WINDOW from Mediaportal is accessible via voice - including different voice_commands for one action and Text to speech answers.

My computer even reads out loud the news or the current weather for a city i ask him for [and that even in german (-; ]. Also (s)he is pretty funny as she even tells me a joke if i want (catched by a randomly generated joke rss-feed.

It also handles wildcards, so i can say "How is the weather in [...]" and it reads back the weather for the city or "Say Hello to [...]" - It's pretty amazing.

The only thing missing would be the interaction with the Mediaportal databases - So unfortunatly you won't be able to say something like: "Play Artist [ARTIST]". It works with windowsmediaplayer though.

I'll share my macroset when i'm finished - it will be in german though beacause WSR is localized and doesn't recognize other languages.

jazzor

Portal Member
    October 8, 2006
    smnnekho: Thankyou! Yesterday I found out about the WSR macros and wanted to post here, if anybody had written some macro for Mediaportal.
    Could you maybe post a preliminary result (ger:Zwischenstand ;) ) ? I'd like to see, what I'm doing wrong with my macro. :D

Users who are viewing this thread