MyWorldMap plugin V 1.0 RC5 (Google Maps and Virtual Earth) (1 Viewer)

enash67

December 19, 2007
keystrokes for worldmap

what are the keystrokes for this plugin? I can't figure out how to get the search for address box to pop up...i get the map sleection by hitting enter..but what are the rest of the keystrokes?

thanks...I am new to media portal...

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
I love this plugin and people are honestly wowed by it when I show it to them, but I have 1 issue. I use the spinsafe revolve skin and when you push up on the remote to move the map down, it brings the navigation menu down the from the top of the screen so you have to push up and then down on the remote to clear it before you can move the map down again. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    what are the keystrokes for this plugin? I can't figure out how to get the search for address box to pop up...i get the map sleection by hitting enter..but what are the rest of the keystrokes?

Hit F9 to bring the context menu up.

I love this plugin and people are honestly wowed by it when I show it to them, but I have 1 issue. I use the spinsafe revolve skin and when you push up on the remote to move the map down, it brings the navigation menu down the from the top of the screen so you have to push up and then down on the remote to clear it before you can move the map down again. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

You can disable the Topbar plugin in Mediaportal Configuration or alter MyWorldMap.xml
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/myworldmap_plugin_v_0_5_0_google-t23543.html?p=159117#post159117

Redfish

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I really like the new version. It finally allows me to zoom in up to level 19. Problem however with default settings is that my IP got blocked within 15 minutes :(
    I'll try some lower settings next time.

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Redfish: If that happens with the Google Satellite maps than it might help to change the urls a bit. Currently the urls uses the version marker that seems to works even if Google changes there system (v=99). I'm not totally sure, but it might help to use the same version marker that Google maps uses right now... if I remember correctly than it is v=23...

Maybe it is worth a try ;)

bye
    Lars

Redfish

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It happened while using the GMHybrid mode. I'll try to change it to v=23.
    Also when I got banned moving around and zooming in and out got very slow. I think it's because the tiles didn't get loaded and the plug-in waits for a complete download before it moves around?

I'll have to wait a couple of minutes to test the new link.

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    GMHybrid uses two urls! The GMAerial and the GMHybrid (the plugin combines these two pictures to the one you are willing to see). So most likely it is the GMAerial url only that has to be changed. The others are not so sensible ... at least from my experience...

Bye
    Lars

Redfish

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I now have the urls, but it doesn't work anymore. I think I messed it up and changed too much, or I'm still banned. What is the easiest way to get the urls back? Reinstall?

edit: okay did reinstall. It's working again while Aerial is @ 23. I"ll do some testing and let you know.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006

Hit F9 to bring the context menu up.

You can disable the Topbar plugin in Mediaportal Configuration or alter MyWorldMap.xml
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/myworldmap_plugin_v_0_5_0_google-t23543.html?p=159117#post159117

Thanks for the reply, works a treat now.

Redfish

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you use an MCE remote the Info button allows you to do searches or change map type or zoom options.

I have tried the 23 setting for the aerial map. I even lowered the 5 for al settings to 4 and <15 and >15 zoom level to half the initial values, but within 15 minutes I got banned again. Good thing that there is also an option for Maps from Microsoft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom