MyWorldMap plugin V 1.0 RC5 (Google Maps and Virtual Earth) (2 Viewers)

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Um, is it just me or is the new version not available to download? Says "Illegal Download attempt" when i try download it.

Redfish

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Google is still quite unuseable because you get banned really fast. Or does anyone have settings that will allow you to get data for more than 15 minutes?

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    what happens when you reduce the thread count for google (aerial & hybrid)?
    Try set it to 1. This will of reduce the download speed a bit... but it is better than getting banned all the time.

I use the new terrian maps mainly... and switch to the aerial maps style only if I'm interested in something special... That seems to avoid the ban as well.

Bye
    Lars

Redfish

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried the lowest values possible i.e. 1 and it didn't work. Banned after 10-15 minutes. IMO Google earth is not useable this way.

Also the plug-in hangs MP and a reboot is needed. When it doesn't get a map there are still yellow circles on the bottom left, they remain left and there doesn't appear to be a time out so MP hangs.

Redfish

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any chance you could possible add the bird's eye view from Virtual Earth, They are amazing. Unbelievable!

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Redfish.

Mhh... honestly I'm not sure. I remember that I had a look at it during the early development phases of this plugin... If I remember corretly they follow a different scheme as the rest of the maps... But I will have a look at it again...

CU
    Lars

kleiner8

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

mediaportal crashes when i start Worldmap. Attachet you find the error log, But i can't understand that.

Please help

kleiner

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom