MyWorldMap plugin V 1.0 RC5 (Google Maps and Virtual Earth) (1 Viewer)

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all.

If you guys use a 16:9 screen then you should definitely give Psycho's "ReVision" Skin a try. His implementation of the Worldmap plugin is really good.

EDIT: BTW any response on the sms style text insertion?

Bye
    Lars

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi cheetah05.

Well. I guess I have to create a few lines of code to make the plugin take care of the appropriate option. I keep that in mind for the version 0.4.1.

Bye
    Lars

cheetah05

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi cheetah05.

Well. I guess I have to create a few lines of code to make the plugin take care of the appropriate option. I keep that in mind for the version 0.4.1.

Bye
    Lars

Thank you very much!

Good work btw if i haven't said so already!

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @ll.

Google has change the Url's for Road- and HybridMap's again.

To be able to use these kind of maps again you have to change the urls yourself (till the next version of the plugin comes with an updated list of it).

In the config of the plugin do the following:

• Select the tab "Tile URL's"
    • Change the the "Google Road Url" from "http://mt{0}.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.52&x={1}&y={2}&zoom={3}" to "http://mt{0}.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.99&x={1}&y={2}&zoom={3}"
    • Change the the "Google Overlay Url" from "http://mt{0}.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2t.53&x={1}&y={2}&zoom={3}" to "http://mt{0}.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2t.99&x={1}&y={2}&zoom={3}"
    • Leave the config via the ok button

As you can see all you have to change is the "version" thing in the urls.

Bye
    Lars

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I live in Soest (Netherlands), and I can only come as close as level 13, while I can come much closer with google maps. Is this something you could fix?

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you switched to google maps or are you using the virtual earth maps from Microsoft?
    You can check that by looking at the OSD (is there a "GMAerial" or a "VEAerial" label?)
    Also I noticed that Road- and HybridMaps are often not as detailed as the pur Aerial ones...

EDIT: I just checked it and I can zoom in at Soest till Level 19.
    EDIT2: With VE maps (default) it stopt at Level 13.

Bye
    Lars

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey very nice plugin!

Could we also be allowed to choose which button to use for the context menu? It's hard coded to use ACTION_CONTEXT_MENU at the moment...?

Also I'm not sure how to make the sms style input work. I'm not using IrTrans. I use EventGhost which will emulate keypress and send to MediaPortal. The same thing as to press the button on the keyboard I guess.
    I have in MP Configuration/General/Keys and Sounds for example Move Left (1): Action = ACTION_MOVE_LEFT, Key = Left. This means that when EventGhost emulates Left key, ACTION_MOVE_LEFT is sent to MyWorldMap plugin (I guess). All those buttons work ie MoveUp, MoveDown, ZoomIn, ZoomOut, Toggle Road views etc.
    Remote button 0 (58) = REMOTE_0, Remote button 1 (59) = REMOTE_1 and so on however when I use these buttons only the numbers are entered in the virtual keyboard. Is it even possible to do what I want?

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've just installed this plugin in MP 0.2.3 RC2 and it's not working, all i get is a black screen... :confused:

Forget it, it's my fault... i'm afraid that i forgot to copy System.Data.SQLite.DLL into the plugins folder.... sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom