Not open for further replies.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Both 12 Monkeys and the Adventures of Robin Hood are VC1. I was using LAV (with VC1 checkmarked in the codec config). So I changed Mepo to play VC1 with the Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD10) and they now play smoothly. It seems to be a codec problem. Do you still want logs etc? It'd be nice if somebody esle with those two films could double check.

Yes log would be usefull :)
    Can you fill your sys specs ? with graphics card etc. ?

duncanvdlinden

Portal Member
    September 11, 2011
    Is it possible to play blu-rays with this solution and DTS-HD passtrough to an external decoder (HDMI)? Because it is possible to play passtrough True-HD, but no DTS-HD passtrough, it would be stereo. With the blu-ray handler and FFDSHOW as audio render it was no problem (but no menu's). With this solution i have to use the LAV Audio Render, to get it work, but can't get DTS-HD to work.
    I've read in this topic more people can't do that at the moment, but i'm not sure if they mean DTS-HD passtrough or coverting it to PCM Multichannal.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You must be setting something wrong. Works perfectly for me. Did you enable passthrough for all formats in LAV audio configuration?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For DTS-HD passthrough with LAV Audio Decoder also remember this:

Q: Can LAV Audio decode DTS-HD?
    A: Kind of. On its own, it cannot. But, LAV Audio supports using the ArcSoft DTS decoder, which allows decoding of full DTS-HD. Just drop the "dtsdecoderdll.dll" from the TMT3/5 Codecs directory into LAV Audio's directory, and enjoy. NOTE: This only works on 32-bit!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    For DTS-HD passthrough with LAV Audio Decoder also remember this:

Q: Can LAV Audio decode DTS-HD?
    A: Kind of. On its own, it cannot. But, LAV Audio supports using the ArcSoft DTS decoder, which allows decoding of full DTS-HD. Just drop the "dtsdecoderdll.dll" from the TMT3/5 Codecs directory into LAV Audio's directory, and enjoy. NOTE: This only works on 32-bit!

And remember that bitstreaming wont require decoding :) LAV can bitstream DTS-HD just fine as long as the audio HW supports such.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Whats exactly the difference between bitstream and decode?

Bitstream = gets audio untouched to the AVR?
    Decoding = Convert DTS-HD to DTS?

Thanks!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    or any other format!

Even DTS-HD to DTS is bitstreaming if the amp receives the DTS in encoded format. Basicly bitstreaming is sending the audio in encoded format to the amp (without decoding it in some step and then re-encoding :)).

Everyone should remember that DTS-HD and TruHD are both lossless formats so decoding those to LPCM and then sending the audio as LPCM is not altering the audio in any way so it will provide identical results with the bitstreaming (unless there is some extra logic on amp side that will do some enchancing when DTS-HD / TruHD is received, in case the LPCM would be better since it would reach the listener's ears more closely what the sound engineers have intented).

duncanvdlinden

Portal Member
    September 11, 2011
    You must be setting something wrong. Works perfectly for me. Did you enable passthrough for all formats in LAV audio configuration?

Ok thanks! i try to tweak my configuration then.

Whats exactly the difference between bitstream and decode?

Bitstream = gets audio untouched to the AVR?

Thanks!

The DTS-HD Master Audio format is downwards compatible, that means it has an normal (lower bitrate and samplerate) DTS stream in it if you decoder can't decode it.

Something else:
    For anybody who can't get ForTheRecord for viewing TV working in this build. It is possible!
    You need to install the 1.6.1 Mediaportal plugin, came with the 1.6.1 setup package from ForTheRecord.

That package modifies the tvservice.dll in the Windows plugin folder of MediaPortal. When you start MediaPortal Configuration it give an error because the version from the tvservice.dll does not match with MediaPortal. Simple change the version in tvservice.dll with resource hacker. Then it works perfectly fine.

Because I run version 1.6.2 beta 6 from ForTheRecord on the same system i'm using MediaPortal (singleseat), i can't install that 1.6.1 MediaPortal plugin alone on that system. The trick for me was to install the Blu-ray Build of MediaPortal clean on another system. Don't start it. Install the ForTheRecord 1.6.1 plugin. Don't start it.

Then, Install the Blu-ray Build of MediaPortal on my Mediacenter. Don't start it. Copy the files from the other system to the MediaCenter. The 1.6.1 MediaPortal plugin working fine on an single system installed with ForTheRecord 1.6.2 Beta 6.

duncanvdlinden

Portal Member
    September 11, 2011
    Ok i have fixed the problem with the DTS HD, just needed Any DVD to play the blu-ray, I tought the Blu-ray was already decrypted!
    Using for video the DXVA2 (copy back) option. Play smooth so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom