Updated Wiki...

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK i did a reinstall of some codecs and got Inception to work ! Huzzah.
    Ive got about 80 blu rays at home i can test out - so ill try them out over this week.
    I am having problems with almost all menus... and probably half of my collection is in TrueHD audio.. which doesnt connect to the audio renderer from LAV splitter .. any clues about how to get any audio at all playing from a TrueHD source onto a DD5.1DTS amp(doesnt play dts-hd but can play the dts core from dts-hd!) ? i used to use mpadecfilter.ax(comes with MP) but its not working anymore for whatever reason.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    and probably half of my collection is in TrueHD audio.. which doesnt connect to the audio renderer from LAV splitter ..

I assume you mean LAV Audio? There's no issue with TrueHD + LAV, it's working flawlessly here.

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Added two movies to Wiki:
    The good, the bad and the ugly, Nordic, BD-J - title mode OK
    Wall street - money never sleeps (BD-J) - title mode OK

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I am having problems with almost all menus...

What kind of problems? Also make sure that you can provide information if the disk is BD-J or non-BD-J disk

How to tell if a disk is BD-J based?

• BDJO-folder is present on disk
    • JAR -folder has some content (.jar files)
    • Following logging is present in the BDReader.log (num_bdj_titles is bigger than zero)

and probably half of my collection is in TrueHD audio.. which doesnt connect to the audio renderer from LAV splitter .. any clues about how to get any audio at all playing from a TrueHD source onto a DD5.1DTS amp(doesnt play dts-hd but can play the dts core from dts-hd!) ? i used to use mpadecfilter.ax(comes with MP) but its not working anymore for whatever reason.

Make sure that you aren't trying to bitstream those TrueHD traks (as far as I remember LAV audio decoder wont support sending the DTS core only). So try to disable the bitstreaming completely from the LAV audio decoder's settings for troubleshooting. In any case the issue is more in the audio decoder / renderer side than on the BDReader source filter.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    most of my blu-rays are like this
    i can try re-encoding them but thats sort of not the point of using original discs.. lol

i have quite a few blu rays to try out then.. ill post results for all to see (assuming any of them work)

Hi,

perhaps you can try BDInfo http://www.videohelp.com/tools/BDInfo

This will list you how the files are ordered by the according playlist. You can see which files are used for the main movie and only copy those. I think this could work.

Flip.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ive been thru about 50 blu rays so far.. none of the BD-J ones have working menus but the title mode works 100%
    ill post up a list when i get a chance

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ive been thru about 50 blu rays so far.. none of the BD-J ones have working menus but the title mode works 100%
    ill post up a list when i get a chance

None of the BD-J based disks should have working menus as there is no BD-J implementation (in some cases some disk have partly BD-J and HDMV based menus so for example the initial language selection could work and then the playback stops).

Thanks for the testing! It is really important to receive as much information as possible so we can decide if it is possible to include the BD support for 1.3.0.

nutcase99

September 4, 2009
    The Expendables - All working fine
    The Lovely Bones (BD-J) - Works fine in Title mode.

Unable to update Wiki, Sorry - too few posts

Thanks for all the hard work - The results are appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom