1.25.0 Need explanation - TV Servers/Scan settings (1 Viewer)

cupressus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2020
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    Can anybody explain me what this settings do. Cannot find answer in Wiki.
    Tune, Pat, Pmt and so on including Linkage scanner.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    Look - General Configuration - Scan Tab section ...
    On this tab you can amend the timeout values used for various stages of channel scanning and tuning. It is recommended to leave these settings at their default values unless you are having scanning or tuning issues that you suspect are caused by TV Server giving up too quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
    I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimian I've tried not using WebEPG at all for a few days and can confirm what you said: that broadcast EPG retrieves 7 days at a time in the UK by default. I have had no issues at all using DVB EPG this way, retrieving the EPG when the system is idle.. I think I am going to stick with doing things this way and expect...
    Hi CyberSimian I've tried not using WebEPG at all for a few days and can confirm what you said: that broadcast EPG retrieves 7...
    The TV Service on my MediaPortal server machine stopped unexpectedly and generated the attached log. Can someone please explain...
    Replies
    Views
    I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi When I run the .msi file i can install it okay, and access the configuration page, but when i rightclick on the icon in the tray (to start the TV Server) I get this error "Windows cannot find C:\program files...
    I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi When I run the .msi...
    I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi When I run the .msi...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi @joecrow, Thank you, I did uninstall MYSQL, LAV and deleted the respective folders in ProgramData, then re-installed MP1.27 and hurrah I've set up the TV side of things and live TV and recordings are working. Thank you and @joEhSuper for your help, I really do appreciate it, now I just need to set up all the plugins again :-)
    Hi @joecrow, Thank you, I did uninstall MYSQL, LAV and deleted the respective folders in ProgramData, then re-installed MP1.27...
    After a short break away from Mediaportal, I installed MP1.27 and have the TV Server on a different computer to the client. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom