• Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Steve

How do I tag members in the Forum?
    You tag by using @ and then typing username

I increased Webrequest timeout in OnlineVideos configuration and increased BrowserHostWaitTimeout in OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config. The video played

Great!

but still on the wrong screen. But I’ll call this progress :)

Not that great...

Have you verified the CurrentScreenId value? Is it still 1? What happens with F9/info?

I have no possibility to test multiple screen setup, so not much of help from me when it comes to this scenario and the browser player, sorry :(... The thing I can do is maybe brainstorm or ask some "stupid" questions.

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Right you are sir ☺, F9/Info switches the Netflix video between the two screens (In fact, this works REALLY well. You can just pound the Info button and it flicks back and forth between the two screens with ease), which is most adequate ☺.Unfortunately though, when the video is stopped, MP jumps to the first screen . I can just close, then re-open MP to get it back on the 2nd screen again, but this is not very elegant.

Yep, verified that CurrentScreenId is set to 1.

Looks like the World Weather message is a Red Herring. I'm guessing that Netflix is still chewing up bandwidth on the ADSL connection just after I close it and WW temporarily can't access the internet.

So, I guess the most useful stupid question now is, how do I stop MP from switching back to the 1st screen when I stop playing a Netflix video?

Thanks for the tagging tip.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmm, could you please try to:
    • Enable the "Minimize to tray on GUI exit" setting in the Startup/Resume Settings in MePo config
    • Start mp, verify that it opens on the correct screen
    • "Turn off" mediaportal from the exit menu, this will minimize mp to tray
    • Maximize mp again by pressing the "mce green button" on your remote (I don't know if this works though, if not maximize/restore from tray)
    Does mp re-open on the correct monitor?

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Ministerk,

OK,
    · Enabled “Minimize to tray on GUI exit”
    · Started MP and yes, it started on the correct screen (2nd)
    · Exited MP via the relevant option on the Main Menu
    · Confirmed that it did minimise to the Systray
    · Pressed Green button on the Remote > MP opened, but on the wrong screen (1st)

Cheers,
    Steve.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Ministerk,

OK,
    · Enabled “Minimize to tray on GUI exit”
    · Started MP and yes, it started on the correct screen (2nd)
    · Exited MP via the relevant option on the Main Menu
    · Confirmed that it did minimise to the Systray
    · Pressed Green button on the Remote > MP opened, but on the wrong screen (1st)

Cheers,
    Steve.

Ok!

Then it's not a Netflix/Browser Player/OnlineVideos bug, the problem is in Mediaportal.

You could report the problem in Quality Assurance, but you might want to update to 1.15 of mp first.

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Ministerk,

OK, Jackpot!! :). Upgrade to 1.15.0 resolved the screen issue - Many thanks for your expert advice and assistance.

So do I understand this correctly? The test you got me to do, checking which screen MP returns to after it’s been minimised to the Systray, then re-instated - Is this how the Online Videos Plugin hides MP whilst videos are playing, then re-instates MP afterwards?

Cheers,
    Steve.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Ministerk,

OK, Jackpot!! :). Upgrade to 1.15.0 resolved the screen issue - Many thanks for your expert advice and assistance.

So do I understand this correctly? The test you got me to do, checking which screen MP returns to after it’s been minimised to the Systray, then re-instated - Is this how the Online Videos Plugin hides MP whilst videos are playing, then re-instates MP afterwards?

Cheers,
    Steve.

(y) Great!

You are correct, OnlineVideos minimises MediaPortal when starting playback using the browser player and restores MP when the closing the browser window.

smurf

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    I can't see netflix videos, everything goes well but I'm stucked at the web page with the selection of the user. I tried everything you wrote in the last posts but nothing...

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can't see netflix videos, everything goes well but I'm stucked at the web page with the selection of the user. I tried everything you wrote in the last posts but nothing...

Do you mean the first post? Without further information the only thing I could recommend you to do is to clear cookies and cache in Internet Explorer (not Edge) and maybe set a longer timeout in OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom