Netflix for OnlineVideos (6 Viewers)

smurf

Portal Member
April 12, 2009
I cleared cookies and putted timeout to 2 minutes but nothing. The only thing that is changed is that my account was shared with a total of 3 users and now they are 4.
Netflix on other devices, with my account, works perfectly.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Please check that Test participation is disabled; try to enable the "Use alternative profile picker" setting (if it does not work revert it to disabled)

Still doesn't work?
    Then I need you to collect logs, follow all the collect logs instructions in the opening post.
    Also disable the "Show loading spinner" setting. Observe what is happening in the browser automation, is the profile picking in a loop; the same page reloading over and over again? Nothing happens at all? Etc...

EDIT:
    And @smurf please enter your system specs. I don't even know if your'e using MP1 or 2

JimWMCnot

Portal Member
    August 22, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    "click heard on play but no video" (putting this like this so search will find it)

Just posting this in case others encounter this strange behaviour.
    I updated to IE11 and already had Silverlight installed.
    Using the detail on this forum I set up onlinevides, subscribed to Netflix and entered the username and password for Netflix into the site detail in Online videos as instructed.
    So then fired up MP and selected Online videos, global and Netflix. My account stuff was there (login worked), select something to view, spinner then after about 4 seconds a click from the speakers, then after about 20 seconds back to the menu - no video.
    More reading ..
    Turned off the spinner to see what was happening as it went to play the video.
    The click was it asking for my Netflix username password again. No change to enter this so used google remote desktop to try remotely. I was able to enter the detail but had to be FAST. The password screen timed out VERY quickly. It took several attempts before I got it to "take" .
    THEN videos played. But still maybe 3 to 4 "clicks" in the background.
    No issues since then. So something is amiss in the passing of username to Netflix to PLAY video - no issue in authentication in accessing Netflix menus, user profiles etc.
    Overall the integration is very good. Home section works, green button on remote cycles back from video to Netflix menu to MP menu.
    Overall very nice after the above glitch fixed.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    "click heard on play but no video" (putting this like this so search will find it)

Just posting this in case others encounter this strange behaviour.
    I updated to IE11 and already had Silverlight installed.
    Using the detail on this forum I set up onlinevides, subscribed to Netflix and entered the username and password for Netflix into the site detail in Online videos as instructed.
    So then fired up MP and selected Online videos, global and Netflix. My account stuff was there (login worked), select something to view, spinner then after about 4 seconds a click from the speakers, then after about 20 seconds back to the menu - no video.
    More reading ..
    Turned off the spinner to see what was happening as it went to play the video.
    The click was it asking for my Netflix username password again. No change to enter this so used google remote desktop to try remotely. I was able to enter the detail but had to be FAST. The password screen timed out VERY quickly. It took several attempts before I got it to "take" .
    THEN videos played. But still maybe 3 to 4 "clicks" in the background.
    No issues since then. So something is amiss in the passing of username to Netflix to PLAY video - no issue in authentication in accessing Netflix menus, user profiles etc.
    Overall the integration is very good. Home section works, green button on remote cycles back from video to Netflix menu to MP menu.
    Overall very nice after the above glitch fixed.

Thanks for your report, this is not the way the login automation should work, I'll look into this some more.

A question: did you hav a "two step" authentication i.e. first enter username -> click next -> enter password -> click sign in or did you enter both username and password at the same time?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've updated Netflix with new (and improved?) browser login automation. All different use cases works for me at least....

JimWMCnot

Portal Member
    August 22, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have a second MP install. Was not upgraded for Netflix.
    I upgraded this machine just now - IE11 already installed as is Silverlight - presumably this install uses the new plugin?
    Same effect - no video playing BUT once spinner turned off it was Silverlight prompting for user input - sigh!
    • "Keep silver light up to date?"
    • "Enable playback of protected content"
    Once been through all this, spinner back on, all good.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a second MP install. Was not upgraded for Netflix.
    I upgraded this machine just now - IE11 already installed as is Silverlight - presumably this install uses the new plugin?
    Same effect - no video playing BUT once spinner turned off it was Silverlight prompting for user input - sigh!
    • "Keep silver light up to date?"
    • "Enable playback of protected content"
    Once been through all this, spinner back on, all good.

OK, thank you. If I understand you correct the login worked but since you'd never used Netflix in Internet Explorer and Silverlight you had to enable protected content playback.

I'll add a note in the opening post about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom