Netflix for OnlineVideos (2 Viewers)

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Would be nice if netflix somehow can save that setting at your account so that it's automagically used when playing videos...

Actually, this IS how it was working in the plugin. I used to just play a video in my browser, switch on subtitles by (As you said) hovering over the relevant control and enabling, then, when I watched videos in the MP Plugin, I would get subtitles. So, something has changed somewhere, because I see subtitles when I watch in a browser, but not when I watch in the plugin?

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i Have in Config-file this Path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\OnlineVideos-DEBUG.log'. there are all Mediaportal logs. No errormassage from online video there except the normal onlineVideo.log'.
    In Mediaportalerror.log i find '[2018-07-06 12:49:45,580] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - [OnlineVideos] Browser process closed on startup' So it seems there is a browserproblem.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually, this IS how it was working in the plugin. I used to just play a video in my browser, switch on subtitles by (As you said) hovering over the relevant control and enabling, then, when I watched videos in the MP Plugin, I would get subtitles. So, something has changed somewhere, because I see subtitles when I watch in a browser, but not when I watch in the plugin?
    Just a quick question: Does it also defaults to showing subtitles if you use a fresh (ie not used for watching netflix) computer?
    (Trying to establish if this is some property of your account, or that it's stored on the computer itself (cookies?))

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just a quick question: Does it also defaults to showing subtitles if you use a fresh (ie not used for watching netflix) computer?
    (Trying to establish if this is some property of your account, or that it's stored on the computer itself (cookies?))

Sorry for the tardy reply. Again, I'm not receiving email notifications regarding this thread for some reason?

Umm, I'm not really in a position to test that in terms of having another computer. But I'll see what I can do and get back to you. Interesting that you mention cookies though, as I also have another problem now, which is that every time I start the MP-Netfix plugin, I get an email from Netflix saying "New sign-in to your account"??? Driving me nuts. Rather than hassle you about it, I contacted Netflix via their online chat thing. Their response was "you will need to ensure you 'allow cookies' on your browser, and select 'Remember me' at sign-in". Well obviously this is something I can do if I'm watching in a normal browser, but I have no control of this (That I'm aware of?) when using the MP-Netflix plugin. So, perhaps both of these issues are related to cookies somehow? But is this a cookies thing in the "Thing" that the MP-Netflix plugin uses to access Netflix and play videos, or is it the same cookies that are used for ANY browser? Should I just try clearing/resetting cache/cookies etc in my browser?

Rainman.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No worries, I'm not the fastest one these days too...
    Don't have that much insights in the workings of the browserhost especially regarding cookies, so I have to investigate that.

Edit: perhaps @morpheus_xx has any knowledge about this?

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just did a check, and somehow my subtitles were enabled in Onlinevideos (really don't know where it got those settings from...)
    Anyway, it's a bit of a hassle, but mouseevents do work when watching a video, so if you can hover or click on that settingsbutton you can select subtitles over there.
    It remembered the setting across different Mediaportal sessions, so you have to do this only once

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    but mouseevents do work when watching a video,
    OK buddy, tested and working, thanks for this :)

I'm still getting the "New sign-in to your account" emails every time I start the plugin (Well, on the first use in any MP session). I got a bunch of them from the Netherlands in the wee hours of this morning :) Presumably when you were doing your thing (Which is fine). I cleared cache/cookies in Microsoft Edge (The browser I always use). Didn't help. Still getting the emails?

Plenty of rain here in Perth, hope there's plenty there :)

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    First time using Netflix for Online Videos, and I'm not too sure what is a happening, I am not able to log into Netflix in Online Videos, Netflix works fine in IE11, Edge and the Netflix app for Win 10.

I have attached the logs only state "[07-17 10:39:35,666] [OnlineVideos] [WARN ] OnlineVideos.OnlineVideosException: Error logging in or loading profiles. Please try again"

BTW I have triple checked my account name and password. Any help or advice would be welcome

Kindly in advance!

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.log
      6.3 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    First time using Netflix for Online Videos, and I'm not too sure what is a happening, I am not able to log into Netflix in Online Videos, Netflix works fine in IE11, Edge and the Netflix app for Win 10.

I have attached the logs only state "[07-17 10:39:35,666] [OnlineVideos] [WARN ] OnlineVideos.OnlineVideosException: Error logging in or loading profiles. Please try again"

BTW I have triple checked my account name and password. Any help or advice would be welcome

Kindly in advance!
    I think you have an outdated netflix util. can you do an update of that site and check again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom