Netflix for OnlineVideos (2 Viewers)

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yeah really hope it's doable.. Also with HBO Nordic not working for a long time inside MP, my streaming is really not in the best state.... :)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've reverted to installing the Netflix app from the Microsoft store and just have it running in the background. This way I am able to Alt+Tab to it when I want Netflix.

The downside of this is that it doesn't work with the remote so I need to ick up the keyboard and mouse.

That said however, pause and stop does work on the remote so go figure!

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello everyone! been busy with real life lately. I noticed this problem yesterday and I'm afraid that the current "new site" workaround doesn't work longer (using Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20130331 Firefox/21.0 as useragent).

To get it working I (or someone else...) have to try to adopt to the new Netflix site. At the moment my time is very limited, so don't expect any results in the near future :( .

S3Triumph

December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Hello everyone! been busy with real life lately. I noticed this problem yesterday and I'm afraid that the current "new site" workaround doesn't work longer (using Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20130331 Firefox/21.0 as useragent).

To get it working I (or someone else...) have to try to adopt to the new Netflix site. At the moment my time is very limited, so don't expect any results in the near future :( .

Thanks heaps anyway! And thanks for updating this post, I'd just changed my Netflix password today and thought I must have been doing something wrong until I read this post. Cheers!

Olli123

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2012
    There should be more native support for streaming inside media portal. Every standard tv has Netflix already pre installed.... And streaming becomes more and more a big player .... Maybe we should start feature request..... It is not very comfortable sitting with my keyboard in front of my tv and operating the fucking internet explorer.....
    And please don't get this wrong. I don't want to blame you Ministerk. I totally understand when real life take all your time..... It is the same with me....

Drimincus

Portal Member
    March 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Has anyone asked Netflix for support?
    Yes, lots of times. I'd argue that if we all start asking Netflix for support something might change.

Though to be fair: I've also been asking for keyboard only (or IR remote only) support for the netflix app. That would be good enough for me; I'd just place a link to the netflix app in my homescreen.

The lack of proper support for windows from netflix bothers me to no end.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

I just had a quick look, and build debug compilation and did some debugging. It looks like sign in actually goes okay, but loading profiles is broken as regex grouping is not finding anything. I tried some new regex strings and got some data on a load profiles, but then jSon deserialize breaks, so no real progress here. That data actually contains needed profiles, but as i'm not famailiar with the
    Ministerk implementation and whats going on, in for example JSon: desrializer at valueparser, it's a big task to go on.

and to say also I'm very very busy at real life, I might be able to look this next time about 3-4 weeks or so.

Br,

Ps. That's how it is in freewill community. Thanks for a great job done. Ministerk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom