Netflix Manager (Updated 02/10/07) (2 Viewers)

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
Thanks again, Doug. It works great:)

Couple of things:

1. The asterisks for some Watch Now movies are missing. For instance, in my que, I have A Good Woman. If I fire up Explorer and go to Netflix Watch Now, it lists it as available for streaming. But in MP there is no asterisk next to it.

2. If I select a movie to watch in MP, it starts IE, which is a problem in itself:) But, MP is full-screen, full-ficus, so I get to hear the sound of the movie playing underneath, then have to quit MP to see IE.

I am thinking aloud, but it would be great to graft this onto Webbrowser-IE-Based https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/webbrowser_ie_based-t27398.html and have Netflix play within MP. If it can made to do this, and get it to full-screen automatically, then it would be totally transparent.

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Like I said this is a first pass. I only worked on this for about a day :)

On point #1 - I don't get the playnow state for stuff in the queue since it isn't available in the RSS feed. If I tried to read the individual movies, it would take forever. I'll try and see what I can do. (Time for some multi-threading!)

On point #2 - I understand the frustration. I'll have to see what I can do there. I'm new to C# and MP coding so I'll have to take a look and let you know. I couldn't get Webbrowser-IE-based working with my installation.

FYI - I have run the watch now on a couple of things on my 65" LCD projection, and it looks pretty good :)

Later,
Doug

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
Like I said this is a first pass. I only worked on this for about a day :)..,
Doug

...but you've done so much - revived the dead:) I am not complaining, I am genuinely thrilled.

It would be great to be able to bring up WebBrowser-IE-Based instead of the real IE outside of MP. The latest version works for me, although my remote (universal programmed with the MCE codes) doesn't work within the web page.

Perhaps the author of WB-IE-B would be willing to help?

Thanks again!

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Well, I have the embedded webcontrol coming up, but it has issues when using MP in fullscreen mode. I can't get the control to stay on top. If I'm in windowed mode. It's fine. I suspect it has something to do with DirectX.

Plus I need to figure out how to control Netflix player from the remote.

I'll try and contact the WB-IE developer to see if they might have any ideas.

Doug

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Ok, here's the latest.

I've done a bunch of clean up.

Watch now is now working within MP. You need to have Windows MediaPlayer automatically accepting licenses to avoid the popups.

Also, if you start MP windowed and then maximize the webbrowser component doesn't work right. This is true for the WB plug-in as well. Since 99% of people using it on a 10-foot interface operate in fullscreen, it shouldn't matter.

I have not figured out how to get the player into full screen, except by clicking on the "fullscreen" link in the Netflix player.

Once you are in full screen, hit back and it will exit the netflix player. I'm working on figuring out how to fix that.

I've also straightened up some of the navigation quirks.

Overall, I would say that this is about 70% new code.

Doug

ideasdigger

Portal Member
December 4, 2005
Boston
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Embedded IE help needed?

I've heard (from MacMini) that you're experiencing some problems with the embedding the IE into the MP. I can help you to solve the problem (we can reuse my solution for the WebBrowserIE plugin).

Developers: please contact me via the private message - I'll give you a hand. Please describe the problem in details.

HooX

Portal Pro
July 13, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I don't understand what to type in the Box- Shopper Id.. I created a account at that wepage, but i did'nt finished the Sign up, i only came to a option with freetrial and some demand for money, exuse my bad english... But i can't see at the page www.netflix.com/RSSFeeds what to typ in that box called ShopperId...

What do do?? Any one who has a pic or someting so i can see what do to??

This is what i can see @ that page http://pici.se/118454/

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
You need to get the netflixshopperID from the cookie file for netflix.

To use view now, you will need the shopperID from IE, not firefox.

Doug

I've heard (from MacMini) that you're experiencing some problems with the embedding the IE into the MP. I can help you to solve the problem (we can reuse my solution for the WebBrowserIE plugin).

Developers: please contact me via the private message - I'll give you a hand. Please describe the problem in details.

Thanks for the offer. I've gotten it figured out. I did look at the code for webbrowser for some things though.

The problem I was having was that the WB wasn't visible in fullscreen mode.

Turns out that if you start windowed and go full screen, it doesn't work right. The behavior was the same on WB plugin as well.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom