New Ambient Lighting system - no knowledge (3 Viewers)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
If you want i can help you with the setup of the pi. Over teamviewer or directly over ssh.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    edsche, thanks. @Rick164 has already helped me out. Seems that my apt-get upgrade didnt work properly...working now! yeah...now the soldering times begin...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Nah...soldering is nothing for me...gotta search a friend that can do in the neighborhood :)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Thinking ahead and a few more questions:

I have this 0,75mm2 power cable for power connections. So far so good. But what is the best way to make the connection? The pre-soldered connections on the LED stripes are way smaller. Shall I cut them and solder the 0,75 power cable directly on GRD and 5V? Or simply solder it to the original cable?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would solder the power cable to the original led cable as it should be good enough to handle that many leds but could also do is get a couple of these:

https://www.kiwi-electronics.nl/2-1mm-DC-barrel-jack-female-naar-terminal-block
    https://www.kiwi-electronics.nl/terminal-block-naar-2-1mm-dc-barrel-jack-male

Attach one female to power cable and one male jack and connect that one to the led cable (GND / 5V), easier to split as you can add another one to divide that up to the end of the led strip.
    Also nice to just plug and play as you don't need to solder or shrink wrap anything :)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Ordered now a few corner-connector to clip. Lets see if they work...should arrive today.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Corner clip-on looks interesting, wondering how well they stay closed but considering you don't really need to touch them once installed they are a nice alternative to soldering.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom