Forum New Bugtracker software (1 Viewer)

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Italy Italy
    I know that is not the priority when adopting a bug tracking software, but the old one allowed me to track the progress on releasing the new versions of the projects much easily. I do not like this one at all

Ciao

GeoffC

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    If your talking about the roadmap, I agree completely. Previously you could easily see what issues where open and what was left to do, now nothing

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    Hi Guys,
    you need wait a little, we have on Jira since 2-3 days, it's young for us :cool:
    and nothing is planned for 1.5, because .... nothing is planned yet ... :D

Last edited:

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Italy Italy
    Yes exactly. The roadmap for all projects was great. Now it's disappeared. Naturally we can wait I just posted my perception because I am following 3 projects mp1 mp2 and mptag and the new software is a step in a wrong direction for my purposes.
    Ciao

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    Perche, per favore, tu devi aspettare un po, noi siamo tra lavorare, su quello che dobbiamo aggiungere. ;)
    what is your purposes ?

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Canada Canada
    Hi Nonciazzecco - could you post the link(s) you are using? Have you tried using the links posted in the news - Team MediaPortal goes JIRA

e.g. for MediaPortal 1
    I actually find those much better than the previous Roadmap/Changelogs because TV-Server and Installer are included/not separate projects and it is much easier to read! You may want to bookmark the Roadmap for MP 1.5.0 ;)

I know it will take some time to get used to all the new features - for the Team as well ;) - and as azzuro said it is very new and we will likely be able to improve it in time. But what I have found/learned so far is really awesome (and I am not a developer, or usually in favor of techie things - I consider our Changelog and Roadmap as important public docs! :p). You can display just the overview, or drill down using the links on the left panel to see as much detail as you wish.

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Italy Italy
    Hi Nonciazzecco - could you post the link(s) you are using? Have you tried using the links posted in the news - Team MediaPortal goes JIRA

e.g. for MediaPortal 1
    I actually find those much better than the previous Roadmap/Changelogs because TV-Server and Installer are included/not separate projects and it is much easier to read! You may want to bookmark the Roadmap for MP 1.5.0 ;)

I know it will take some time to get used to all the new features - for the Team as well ;) - and as azzuro said it is very new and we will likely be able to improve it in time. But what I have found/learned so far is really awesome (and I am not a developer, or usually in favor of techie things - I consider our Changelog and Roadmap as important public docs! :p). You can display just the overview, or drill down using the links on the left panel to see as much detail as you wish.
    In the past I have used the standard bugtraker link from mepo homepage. I will give a look to the new roadmap and give a feedback later. Thank you for the update

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Italy Italy
    Ciao Dadeo,
    I have given a look to the links reported and the dashboard are now much better, but I still consider the previous roadmap report better. I was used to select from the roadmap section the "all project" option having in one single page the overall situation for all the MePo projects. In this moment I am using MP1 MP2 ant MPTagThat and was great to have in one page the situation regarding all of them.

Idea
    I do not think that this is crucial, everybody could survive with some more mouse click, :cool:but why do not take into consideration creating a dashboard giving the snapshot of all MePo projects and letting access to it directly from the homepage will be a real great and complete "public" document.

What do you think?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Canada Canada
    I thought the Dashboard was the one you didn't like LMAO! - i.e. https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa -
    it does show MP1 and MP2 - though not MPTagThat yet. However I know it is possible to create dashboards in Jira and to make them 'public'. Unfortunately only a handful of Team members are adept at that yet (and I am not one of them ;)) but if you could outline and post your 'specs' or even better a mockup of how you would like it to look, I can ask one of the experts to create something similar if possible. I know you can create personal dashboards as well, but I think only logged in users can do that (i.e. team members).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom