New DVB subtitle filter (TsReader based) (1 Viewer)

JargenJ

Portal Member
August 4, 2007
Just to let you know Tourettes that your DVB-T subtitles work great for me!
Very good work from you!

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am in heaven, ahhhhh, DVB subtitles, the wife is now happy, thus I am now happy, thanks guys. please get this into the SVN's ASAP, with the option of turning them on and off via the remote or on screen button, etc, anyway, Good skills.

deebo

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
tested some with Yle Teema and Yle1 and seems to work fine over channel changes too etc

have one request tho

when the video is 4:3 the subtitles are still stretched to 16:9, and its really annoying on a big tv since you have to focus outside the actual video

so it would be nice if the subs were drawn as 4:3

Aanunina

Portal Member
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
when the video is 4:3 the subtitles are still stretched to 16:9, and its really annoying on a big tv since you have to focus outside the actual video

My 4:3 DVB-t subtitles are drawn perfect. Good work. My MediaPortal is almost perfect now.

Aanunina

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

My 4:3 DVB-t subtitles are drawn perfect. Good work. My MediaPortal is almost perfect now.

deebo: Are you watching on a widescreen display and in Normal zoom-mode?

I think the problem might be that the subtitles actually are rendered to the entire video window and not just the part actually used to render the video:

if (GUIGraphicsContext.IsFullScreenVideo)
    {
    rationW = GUIGraphicsContext.OverScanWidth / (float)720;
    rationH = GUIGraphicsContext.OverScanHeight / (float)576;

// Get the location to render the subtitle to
    wx = GUIGraphicsContext.OverScanLeft +
    (int)(((float)(GUIGraphicsContext.Width - currentSubtitle.width * rationW)) / 2);
    wy = GUIGraphicsContext.OverScanTop + (int)(rationH * (float)currentSubtitle.firstScanLine);
    }

I dont think GUIGraphicsContext.OverScanWidth takes into account for example the black left and right side bars used when displaying 4:3 on a 16:9 display.

Aanunina

Portal Member
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Then i would hazard a guess that Aanunina is either viewing on a 4:3 display or just happen to have watched subtitles that didnt take up too much space.

I'm viewing in a Widescreen monitor, normal view. Could be subtitles space issue. I'm using DVB subtitle filter Ver. 6.

Aannunina

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Version 7 available:

- Fixed TS buffer rollover causing freezing subtitles or no subtitles after the rollover

NOTE - USES THE SAME ZIP AS VERSION 6 - Only new MP SVN version (15764 or later) is needed

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I dont think GUIGraphicsContext.OverScanWidth takes into account for example the black left and right side bars used when displaying 4:3 on a 16:9 display.

Something that would need to be fixed on some day :) Maybe we would need to strect the subtitle bitmap (720x576) to match excatly the whole video area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom