New DVB subtitle filter (TsReader based) (1 Viewer)

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
No, there isnt. There is something wrong with me :) Im 99% sure the changes i made (to the recording/timeshifting stuff) caused this problem, and i am going to revert them right now....

EDIT:
I reverted the change, any build made later than rev. 15830 will hopefully be okay.

Thanks Ziphnor! You and mr. Tourettes make a great team! Keep up the good work - we are a lot who are appreciating it!

/Nyll

zukex

Portal Member
August 24, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
noticed a small bug today... i watching was something with subs and changed the channel (to another channel from the same provider YLE)
and it showed the subtitles that would have shown on the old channel.... of course this isn't really serious since it was only 2 subs for a second or two... just didn't notice anyone experiencing this kind of issue so i thought maybe it'd be good to report it

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    noticed a small bug today... i watching was something with subs and changed the channel (to another channel from the same provider YLE)
    and it showed the subtitles that would have shown on the old channel.... of course this isn't really serious since it was only 2 subs for a second or two... just didn't notice anyone experiencing this kind of issue so i thought maybe it'd be good to report it

I have noticed it (and fixed once already :D ) ...unfortunately based on your reporting the error is still valid. I'll have a look on this issue at some point, but as you said its not the most critical one.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thought id do a little update on the teletext stuff. Managed to get everything connected, and see my first teletext subtitles after making things work with the new TsReader based filter.

Timing doesnt seem to be an issue, and it really shouldnt either as the specification states that teletext pages are for immediate display (or within 40ms or something like that).

A screenshot of this small milestone is attached.

There is still lots to do though, first of, teletext have 25 lines, but its possible to mark characters as double height, which seems to always be the case for subtitles. This is not supported yet, so hence you will see the subs pretty small and with an empty line in between. Secondly, i have one stream where the Service Information correctly gives me the danish page correctly (among swedish,norwegian and dutch), but in another it mentions only swedish even though a danish sub page does exist. Then there is the manner of character set correction (norwegian danish and swedish all use the swedish character table, but knowing the language from the DVB SI you can fix this). And of course there is a whole nightmare of cleaning up and catching up with changes from SVN etc. But i do hope to have something worth testing at the end of the weekend unless some nasty bug bites me :)

Attachments

• teletext_sub_first.jpg
      teletext_sub_first.jpg
      59.7 KB

Makaronen

Portal Member
    July 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nice Ziphnor :D

Looking forward to try it............
    Can you please specify what SVN whe should use on MP and TVE3
    when we give it a try later......

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Good to see that the filter (with sub mods) is default in the SVN build 15867. (unless this is a mistake!)

Saves all that regsvr32 juggling.

Hope to see the GUI on/off switch soon.

Keep up the great work.

EDIT for clarity

The latest SVN's have had a TSReader.ax file that has worked without any changes with the DVBSub2.ax file that is already installed (manualy by me)

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I had a quick look at SVN 15881 but didn't spot dvbsub-filter there. Also subs were not showing after update (didn't use regsvr32 on dvbsub2). Tourettes, as you've made a bunch of updates on TSReader, is the current tsreader on SVN compatible with dvbsub2.ax ver 6 or do we need new files to get subs working again? Of course we don't want to use tsreader provided with version 6 as it doesn't contain those bugfixes.

ps. you could remove the note "Tv Engine 3 doesn't support currently dynamic subtitle (or audio) PID detection" from first post as you've fixed it already. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom