NEW! Moving Pictures 0.7.5 Available (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Congratulations on hitting the next milestone!

pirivan

Portal Pro
January 19, 2008
I have to say, really fantastic plugin and particularly amazing update. It brought me so much joy to see the GUI maturing like this; awesome. Really, really nice work.:D

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Is there a way to have the date created as the sorting order ?

I would prefer my new movies to be up the top.

Also... It would appear that they are not in the correct order when selecting 'Date added' with the new version.

I am just tryign to thing of a way I can show you and make you reproduce what I am experiencing fforde.

Ideas how I can do it ?

It looks like about the first page worth is the correct order (newest added up the top) but then as it goes down, its starts listing it by a mix of alphebetical & another unknown random order.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorting by "date added" literally lists the movies in the order they were added to Moving Pictures. It does not necessarily look at any file attributes. So if you just started using Moving Pictures last week and you have only added two movies since then, those two movies would be listed first, and the rest would be listed in the order they happened to be imported by the Importer.

Maybe we could implement an enhancement to pull the "date added" field from the file creation date if there is enough demand I suppose. For me personally though, date added is only relevant for unwatched movies which generally only goes back a few weeks to a month at most. So I am not sure I see the long term benefit of importing file attributes like this.

If anyone disagrees with me, please, by all means, speak up :p That is the point of the forums. If there is a demand for something like this we will implement it. I am just trying to determine cost vs. benefit.

aGunslinger

February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Cannot play ISOs - Daemon Tools

One thing I've encountered, and it was more of a user error...

Previously Moving Pictures was tolerant of the fact that I had set MP's Daemon Tools option to use Drive "R", while in Daemon Tools itself I had set "Use first available drive".

0.7 Produced an error (which specifically directed me to check Daemon settings:rolleyes:)
    The error was fixed by setting Daemon Tools to use drive "R" as well.

Just in case anyone else has the same issue.

Cheers

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    I am not sure if it is related to this release, but it is only happening since this release... but, it is not remembering my view settings.

It keeps resetting the view back to small icons when list is my preferred method, with the descending date added mode :confused:

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    No backdrop sources? They are included in the release... If for some reason nothing is showing up, you can click the gear icon on the Data Sources pop-up and then click Reload Default Sources.
    Reloading them via Reload Default helped. Thanks a lot.

had the exact same issue.
    reloaded and now works fine

cheers on an amazing plugin and again gratz on a wonderful job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great work, John! Big :D for your hard work!

Best regards

Helios

TeeTee

Portal Member
    December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thx for the update!

Just 1 question:
    It seems the movie info is retrieved from imdb.com by default. In the previous version I was able to set moving pictures to retrieve the movie info from moviemeter.nl, this setting seems to be removed or hidden?

Once imported it is possible to retrieve info from a different movie info database but to do this for all movies is........not so funny.

Nato

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2006
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorting by "date added" literally lists the movies in the order they were added to Moving Pictures. It does not necessarily look at any file attributes. So if you just started using Moving Pictures last week and you have only added two movies since then, those two movies would be listed first, and the rest would be listed in the order they happened to be imported by the Importer.

Maybe we could implement an enhancement to pull the "date added" field from the file creation date if there is enough demand I suppose. For me personally though, date added is only relevant for unwatched movies which generally only goes back a few weeks to a month at most. So I am not sure I see the long term benefit of importing file attributes like this.

If anyone disagrees with me, please, by all means, speak up :p That is the point of the forums. If there is a demand for something like this we will implement it. I am just trying to determine cost vs. benefit.

I would love to see "Date Created" added i used to use it alot when running meedio . it is very handy as it is like adding the latest movie but if you have to do a re-install etc you will get the same order back !

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom