New MP1 skin test (1 Viewer)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi wiz,
    found two additional osd glitches within tv.

first - miniguide:
    18-28-42.png 18-29-17.png 18-29-09.png
    on now info text and channel info are overlapping (btw. also with apollo, same bad text overlap)

second - onzap osd:
    18-30-37.png
    the pic is a zap from prosieben to servustv, i think there should be servustv not prosieben in the first line.
    it seems the onzap osd showed the old (still the current before zap) channel not the one im going to zap to, until the channel is really changed then the proper channel gets displayed - quite confusing i know.
    i´ll make ya a short zap video if ya dont get what i mean^^

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi wiz,
    found two additional osd glitches within tv.

first - miniguide:
    View attachment 184844 View attachment 184843 View attachment 184845
    on now info text and channel info are overlapping (btw. also with apollo, same bad text overlap)

second - onzap osd:
    View attachment 184837
    the pic is a zap from prosieben to servustv, i think there should be servustv not prosieben in the first line.
    it seems the onzap osd showed the old (still the current before zap) channel not the one im going to zap to, until the channel is really changed then the proper channel gets displayed - quite confusing i know.
    i´ll make ya a short zap video if ya dont get what i mean^^
    The first line is current tv channel so it does not update until the stream for the channel you zap to starts, this is when the property updates.
    I will take a look at the minitv guide over laps shortly.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Can you do me a favor ? Drop the attached Version.txt file into the Ares skin folder and then run the exe that is in the attached zip file. It should update you to the latest version of the skin and restore any backed up settings.

Attachments

• Version.txt
      3 bytes
    • Areschecker.zip
      3.8 KB

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Ok thanks, dont run the exe from the ares folder though otherwise it will try to overwrite itself. Sorry if i was not clear about that, best just drop the exe in mediaportal folder for now while testing.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the update was ok at home and text overlap is gone - nice change.
    17-28-22.png
    only the first line needs to be a little bit shorter to fit with the state icon. happens rarely i know^^

i once had the same problem with my own defhd theme that looks pretty similar - maybe ya get inspired ;)
    16-00-22.png

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    the update was ok at home and text overlap is gone - nice change.
    View attachment 184869
    only the first line needs to be a little bit shorter to fit with the state icon. happens rarely i know^^

i once had the same problem with my own defhd theme that looks pretty similar - maybe ya get inspired ;)
    View attachment 184870
    I have the icons disabled so i didnt notice (i find them pointless really), i think the germans should just shorten their language lol :ROFLMAO: i would like to get rid of the % watched string but i think people would have a panic attack ( even though there are progress bars now and you normally have logos to know which channel it is )

Glad the update was ok maybe github access is blocked where you were ? or the machine was not up to date ? i need to add some error catching in there but the basics of it work great gets you up to date with the latest files if there is a later version online. I'm going to add some code to the ares plugin too so you get an icon in the homescreen if updates are available ;)
    The updater also ignores the themes folder in case anyone has themes they are working on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom