New Music Database (1 Viewer)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

When browsing an album and sorting the tracks by "artist" the duration quoted on the right hand side is not the duration but what seems to be a random 3 digit number. Is the DB referencing the wrong info in this view? I think it also happens if you sort by "album". Sorting by other methods seems ok.

Cheers,
Colin

dwoodzz

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I did a clean install of RC3 now, deleting the database and recreating it. I still have the same problem. Here are the last few lines of my mediaportal.log, just after opening the music in the albums view.

2007-10-17 15:28:06.591098 [Debug][MPMain]: Window: MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres init
2007-10-17 15:28:06.624299 [Debug][MPMain]: SQL Filter: select distinct strAlbum, strAlbumArtist, strPath from tracks group by strAlbum order by strAlbum asc
2007-10-17 15:28:06.679959 [Info.][MPMain]: musicdatabase exception err:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. stack: at MediaPortal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.GetSongsByFilter(String aSQL, List`1& aSongs, String filter)
2007-10-17 15:28:06.680936 [Info.][MPMain]: MusicDatabase: Opening database
2007-10-17 15:28:06.681912 [Info.][MPMain]: MusicDatabase: Database opened
2007-10-17 15:28:06.933849 [Debug][MPMain]: TextureManager: CleanupThumbs()

I've attached the full log for your reference.

Dezed-
I had same problem- wouldn't work until I deleted all registry entrys w/regedit and deleted all files,reinstalled rc3 and all is well!:p

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2007-10-17 15:28:06.679959 [Info.][MPMain]: musicdatabase exception err:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. stack: at MediaPortal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.GetSongsByFilter(String aSQL, List`1& aSongs, String filter)

Thank you for the log!

Please do nothing more but install this latest SVN I am almost sure I found the possible cause of error.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

When browsing an album and sorting the tracks by "artist" the duration quoted on the right hand side is not the duration but what seems to be a random 3 digit number.

This shouldn't be random but your song length in plain seconds ;)

Most likely this is related to a user patch we've added but which maybe isn't complete yet. There is a thread about that here as well - please post a log (and maybe screenshot) there. Thank you!

dezed

Portal Member
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Thank you for the log!

Please do nothing more but install this latest SVN I am almost sure I found the possible cause of error.

Great! It works fine now. Thanks a lot!

dezed

Portal Member
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Also, I know you've said that the new database supports the 'disc' tag and properly orders the tracks.. but I have not had success with this. Instead, the tracks are ordered as:

track 1 from disc 1
    track 1 from disc 2
    track 2 from disc 1
    track 2 from disc 2
    etc, etc

In fact, the order seems random (ie it's not always disc 1 first then 2). I don't see anything in the logs that would suggest this is a bug. Has it been implemented yet? The difference between this and the last version (RC2) is that before, I could set the 'treat tracks in an individual folder as an album' option to separate the discs.. but it doesn't seem to work anymore in the case that the album names are the same for different folders.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't see anything in the logs that would suggest this is a bug. Has it been implemented yet?

You're right - also the database is prepared for that now the GUI does not have the needed implementation to use the DiscId yet.

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    I feel increasingly retarded trying to get the album lookup to work in MP. I tried a while back, but gave up. Now I'm trying again but it's the same thing. I only get album info for about half my mp3 albums.

MP organizes the albums correctly under all views (artist, album etc), but for some it cannot find album info.

How exactly does MP collect the data for a album fetch? I assume it groups all mp3 files together which have the same album field and then do a freedb lookup on that?

For example, I have a folder called:

The_Police-The_Police-2CD-2007

Files in this folder are called (an example):

101-the_police-fall_out.mp3

Following this standard for all files. Both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags of the song above tells me:

Title: Fall Out
    Artist: The Police
    Album: The Police
    Year: 2007
    Genre: Rock

The ID3v2 tags also tells me that this is on disc 1 of 2 and sing 1/14 on that disc.

Now, why the "¤#% doesn't the album lookup work for this album? about 50% of all my albums behave like this, All the ID3 information is correct. Is it FreeDB being crappy or what?

Another example is "Diana_Krall-The_Very_Best_Of_Diana_Krall_(Deluxe_Edition)-2007", for which it cannot find info either. The ID3 tags are from what I can see correct and the album is there on FreeDB.

Please advise.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now, why the "¤#% doesn't the album lookup work for this album? about 50% of all my albums behave like this, All the ID3 information is correct. Is it FreeDB being crappy or what?

Maybe you share a uncommon taste or downloaded lot's of albums which aren't released yet :D

To be serious: a quick lookup on http://allmusic.com/ via browser tells me they do not have reviewed the latest Police album yet..

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    Ack, but it's the same thing for other albums as well, which I actually CAN find on FreeDB.

The Diana Krall album for example.. there a tons of them on FreeDB, why doesn't it at least give me a list of them so I can pick the correct one?

EDIT: Never mind this, I found a few albums where it presented me with a list of albums upon refresh, but selecting one dind't even save the info. I'll just take the hint and give up for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom