Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Either will work fine.

( have not moved it at all.. I had trial installed, but when purchasing, it does'nt work..
    pastebin: http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/10614

Thanks in advance

Did G-Force trial work properly? Looking at the SoundSpectrum feature matrix it appears that "Multi-Player / Multi-Platform Support" is only available in the "Platinum" version. I'm not sure if that's changed recently or if I gave you incorrect information when you asked me if MP would work with G-Force gold. If I gave you bad info I'm truly sorry. :sorry:

Would you be interested in upgrading to Platinum and would it be possible for you to contact SoundSpectrum and explain the issue? Again, sorry :(

Steve

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I contacted the guys t soudspectrum, and I hope to ge an answer soon....

(Arghh. I'll try the platinum-version. If it does'nt work i'll come ack to haunt you ;) )

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Would be interested in how you make out with gforce platinum.

Just been messing about with the music player and the Now playing screen, WOW now that is nice. One little thing, is it possible to configure the action of clicking on the song to jump directly to now playing.

I notice the issue with playlists is still there, seems that the software has problems loading the track info when using saved playlists.

You have done an immense job with this.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Another one waiting to see why G-force Gold will not work.

Now will put off buying until version working with MP confirmed.

Does look awesome thou, and so great to red button it.

Thanks to ALL

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Lyxalig,

Please keep me posted on your progress.

Efros,

Other that the viz support in Now playing I can't take any credit for the recent changes. You have rtv to thank for the cool new audioscrobbler features.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Dont know if this is your table, SteveV, but:

Is it possible to change the alternatives given when inserting a audio-CD to:

[Do nothing] [Play] [Add to playlist] [Rip entire CD]

Ripping CDs in MP is a to "hidden" feauture.

Also:
    - Ability to delete (artist/album/song) would be nice
    - Ability to search for cover-art (on demand)

Thanks, I love what you've done so far!

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    Also:
    - Ability to delete (artist/album/song) would be nice
    - Ability to search for cover-art (on demand)

already there :p

to search for coverart, switch to 'shares' view, find your album folder, bring up the context menu and select 'find coverart'.

and you can delete albums (not artists/songs) by going to settings->my music.
    :)

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Soundspectrum GOLD trouble

Did G-Force trial work properly? Looking at the SoundSpectrum feature matrix it appears that "Multi-Player / Multi-Platform Support" is only available in the "Platinum" version. I'm not sure if that's changed recently or if I gave you incorrect information when you asked me if MP would work with G-Force gold. If I gave you bad info I'm truly sorry. :sorry:

Would you be interested in upgrading to Platinum and would it be possible for you to contact SoundSpectrum and explain the issue? Again, sorry :(

Steve

Well... No answer from the Soundspectrum-guys yet, but I did some investigation on my own ;)

The Gold-version is a different dll. Located in C:\program files\soundspectrum\G-force
    - GOLD : G-force.dll - 1 058 304 bytes
    - TRIAL : G-force.dll - 1 046 528 bytes

The Mediaplayer plugin dll, G-Force_WMP.dll , located in C:\Program files\Windows Media Player\Visualizations is identical with both TRIAL and GOLD.

When downloading, and buying the GOLD-version the download states Mediaplayer.

So I think this is the problem: Do you tap into the dll-file located i the soundspectrum folder directly? If so, you need to add some code for the gold-version? Maybe? PM me, and I'll send you the gold .dll

BTW: The gold-version has lots of configuration-options hat MP does'nt care for. So I guess the changes only applies to Mediaplayer. EX: I can change framerate, and waveshape responsiveness from the G-force toolbar. It can show coverart, and text onscreen as well.

Maybe it's an idea to plug in to the WMP_plugin instead SteveV?

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    I'll have a look at it tonight when I get home from work.

I know it's frustrating but I'm sure they'll answer. I use the SoundSpectrum SDK--it's not possible to use the WMP version of the G-Force dll. Regarding the G-Force config options; please remember that the code was released less than a week ago and currently has somewhat limited configuration capabilities.

Steve

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom