Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Soundspectum G-force Gold/Platinum support confirmed

Good news for people that want G-force on mediaportal.

G-force Gold is atm not supported in mediaportal, but will be in their upcoming 3.5.7 version.

Mediaportal support will be shipped approx. 15th of october. A such the guys at soundspectrum offers the platinum-version, that I can confirm works, at no additional cost. See below for information.

Soundspectum said:
    Introductory G-Force Platinum Discount for Media Portal Users ($10 Off)
    - http://www.soundspectrum.com/g-force/purchase_platinum.html?code=MEDIAPORTL
    - Note: this discount will expire Oct 15, 2006 and it's daily use is limited (to prevent abuse) so please email soundspectrum support or try back after 24 hrs if you receive an error when trying to use the discount link.

btw: the extra functionality of the gold-version is actually worth the money :D

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi SteveV,

Let me be another one to congratulate you on this new engine. It rocks !!!

Just one small request/info. :)

I've being looking for ways to implement a volume osd on a system wide basis, but I don't think I can do it on the Visualization window. Are you planning to handle that inside you code (ie: showing the volumebar)? I tough about something in the same lines you implemented you ShowSong() function....

Thanks a lot for you work great work !!!!

Julio

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ok, so i payed for g-force platinum, i am dissapointed, i mean it uses far more resources than (or is it badly programmed?) Milkdrop - compared to milkdrop it do follow the music quite bad - like as if its in sirup - kind of... And i've even tried to turn off my power saving. :(

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sure G-Force Platinum requires more recources. But it's also looking far better than milkdrop. I suggest u use it for a while. I'm sure you'll become more and more enthousiastic. G-force is almost never twice the same....And I'm using it for over a year now, as a screensaver, I see it every day. I never got bored with it. This is one piece of software that is realy worth the money. The intelegence ofthe viz is one of a kind.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    RoosterX_ Did you try using it outside MP? try it i mediaplayer, and mess around with the controls.

Be sure to set target-framerate for visualisation in mp-config to 50, and disable the overlay.

Still sirup?

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    I really like the new engine with it's cross fades and better vis handling.
    I tried the gforce trial version. This kind of worked but I had a problem with it diddling with the video mode settings when going full screen - which messed up my sync on PAL CRT. I used VNC and ran it through WMP to set the fullscreen mode to 1024x576 - which is 'no change' but still it gets aggresive on the switch to fullscreen.... shame 'cos it looks nice.

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    bram/lyxalig: i'll admit i haven't used it much.. so i'll try fiddle around a bit with it, i do notice it does not use that much cpu as i thought it did(looked at cpu usage on my main pc), so i guess it may be just a configuration change somewhere :)
    anyway thx for re:

And for creator of builtin mp3 player - great work :)

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    roosterx :

I see you run VGA->SCART PAL like me.
    Do you experience syncing issues when making the vis go fullscreen?
    (i.e. when pressing 'x' after starting a song)
    Which version of gforce do you run?

regards,
    BigJ.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom