New Music Engine (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohnhead

September 25, 2006
Bass Engine Breaks my Digital Out SPDIF connection

I tried the Bass Engine and it works well however I later noticed that my digital connection to my reciever no longer worked when playing DVD, or when watching HD prgramming on Sage TV.

From what I can tell, PCM audio seems to work fine, but when the source changes to DTS, then it no longer works.

I simply change the selection of the BASS engine to the direct show engine, and all was back to normal.

Any ideas?

Marc

_man_

Portal Member
June 20, 2005
Paris
This is very good news that BASS will be integrated to MP. Thank you Steve !

In the current topic, some people were discussing about ReplayGain to be supported within MP.

Actually there is a plugin for BASS allowing this engine to use Winamp input plugins. By integrating this with BASS in MP, we should then be able to configure directly via bass the Winamp inputs that support RG.

Edit : I quickly red the topic "diagonally". If this has been discussed already, sorry for the redundancy.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    0.2.0.5 will contain the BASS audio engine, but without visualisation support, as that still needs to be tested.

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Decided to be brave and install latest SVN to see all the improvements being touted.

It was mentioned earlier that it is possible for BASS to hook into winamp plugins (I'm thinking esp about ReplayGain). Are there any plans for this, or any other sort of volume levelling, to be incorporated? As impressed as I was with the new engine, I was still left diving across the room for the remote control when scrobble started filling in the playlist for me (a feature I love btw :))

I then tried running with the winamp plugin like I usually do but when I left the Now Playing screen, the overlay of the album cover remained. Nothing I did (other than restarting MP) would get rid of it.

So back to 0.2.0.4 for now.

Still looking forward to the next release though. The new features are pretty cool!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It was mentioned earlier that it is possible for BASS to hook into winamp plugins
    no. at the moment you can not use winamp plugins. and it is not sure if that will work. developers are testing that possibility.

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmmm... Volume levelling is a bugbear of mine. If we could get that cracked I'd be a very happy man.

I guess I could always use MP3Gain but I'm reluctant to interfere with the music files themselves and I haven't got the disc space to make backups or patience to do it in batches. It also won't help with my wma files.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom