New Music Engine (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
a suggestion for the now playing screen - when the music is paused, the viz window should only display the coverart, and not flick between coverart and an idle visualization. would add an extra touch of professionality :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    A couple of questions when using the "Now playing" feature:

- Many album-arts are displayed here... even though they are not found when using MPs "look-up" feature. Any way to use this for grabbing cover-arts?

- The "links" showed in this mode ("Best album tracks" and "Same category") are dead... are they supposed to be, or is it a bug (in my setup).

Again: GREAT WORK!

jw

Portal Pro
    March 18, 2006
    A couple of questions when using the "Now playing" feature:

- The "links" showed in this mode ("Best album tracks" and "Same category") are dead... are they supposed to be, or is it a bug (in my setup).

I was on my way in here to ask the same question. The last.fm data displayed in the now playing screen, does not appear to link to the tracks in my music database. Clicking on a top album track does not queue/skip to this song.

If that is not the desired functionality, it would be nice to see this added.

Again: GREAT WORK!

seconded

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Okay, jw,

wrong thread. this belongs more to the last.fm.
    This info is now handled as a Label and not as a button, which triggers an action.
    i don't know what usage rtv has planned for the future.

rtv, is away for a few days.
    i'll remind him to look at it and answer your questions.

regards,

Helmut

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yeah, okay, you're right.
    anyway, it's done by rtv and i have no idea, what his further plans are.
    we need to wait until monday

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    you can switch off cover art, top album tracks and similar tracks one by one in the external mp setup in the music section.

mp shows these tracks, if they cue or not depends on having the files or not. Unfortunately there is no optical indication if you have this song or not.

and last.fm itself had some problems with the data the last days. worked ok for me yesterday, though.

tomtom

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe it's mentioned before, I don't have the time right now to read the whole thread....

After the music is finished playing the little playing information part (left- lower corner in most skin when music is playing) keeps showing after the playlist is finished untill I press "stop" on the remote. Is this done intentionaly? To me it has no function.

slug54

Portal Member
    May 21, 2006
    Westfield, Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Slug54,

Re 1: For a discussion about this and a solution see here

Re 2:
    i'll have a look into that

regards,

Helmut

Thanks Helmut , I see you fixed the playlist name saving issue in a recent SVN.
    It works great now.

I am currently trying to make sure my music collection is Tagged properly
    to fix the cover art problem.

Thanks for all your help

Slug54

WILU

Portal Member
    September 12, 2006
    Tychy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi!
    I have some suggestions how to improve my music plugin:

1.current song wiev - there is a time elapsed indicator. what about making it a seekbar?

2."playback follows cursor" and "cursor follows playback" options (cursor = green bar)
    playback follows cursor -> there are some songs on the list: A B C D. when a song A is playing I move cursor on the C song and next playing song is C, not B

cursor follows playback -> there are some songs on the list: A B C D. when song A fisnish to play, cursor moves on the B song

3.caps function: $caps (title): converts first letter in every word of title to uppercase, and all other letters to lowercase.

4.ability to read replaygain tags (and option to choose album or track mode or to disable this functionality). I know that this feature was requested ealier but, you know, it's very nice functionality (and a must for some audio geeks :D )

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom